Chapter 19

"Eleven stages have been prepared", Aizawa stated. "All teams will begin at the same time. The test guidelines will be explained by your respective opponents. None of the areas are outside school grounds, but let's not waste any more time. Get going."

I gulped as I followed Ruma onto a bus. As soon as I was seated it started driving. In the meantime, I was losing my mind.

Why the fuck was I chosen for this? Why am I on my own? And against Ruma?!

~Flashback to picking the pairs~

"First we have Ashido and Kaminari", Aizawa said in a bored tone. "For better or for worse, they're single-minded and battle-oriented. Principal, please use your intelligence to put them in their place."

"Okay", Nezu answered.

"Todoroki...", Aizawa then said. "An exceptional fighter in every way, although he doesn't like to unleash all his power in single attacks. Then we have Yaoyorozu. She may be a genius, but she falters when deciding and acting in the moment. As such... I will erase their quirks and exploit their weaknesses in close combat."

"No objections!", Nezu said.

"Next is Bakugo and Midoriya...", Aizawa continued. "I'll leave them to you, All Might. I'm not teaming them up based on their abilities or grades... It's simply because they're on such bad terms. We know you're a fan of Midoriya's, so guide him as you see fit."

"I will", All Might agreed.

"Finally, (y/n) (l/n)", Aizawa said with a small sigh. "Just like Todoroki, an excellent fighter in every way. She performs best in close combat, but is also strong at medium range. She's quick to evaluate the situation and can swiftly make good decisions. So far, the only clear weakness I have found in her is her self-control. When she loses it she becomes stronger, but easily crosses a line. Such was visible during her match against Todoroki during the Sports Festival."

"So what will you do with her?", All Might asked. "It's hardly fair to put her against one of the teachers on her own, but since we have an uneven number that is almost inevitable. Would it be fair to make a team of three against a teacher with less weights?"

"I was planning on letting her fight alone, since she would probably be the most capable of that anyway", Aizawa replied. "But... Not against a teacher."

"Then who?", Snipe asked.

"My cousin."

"Your... cousin?", All Might repeated.

"Guardian", Aizawa continued. "A hero based in Tokyo."

"Yes, I remember her!", Present Mic said. "Crazy, that cousin of yours!"

"I agree", Aizawa answered. "However, Guardian has the same quirk as (y/n), apart from the teleporting. I believe it would be a good match-up. To defeat an opponent with the same quirk, you will have to get creative. Something (y/n)'s done just fine up until now. This will push her to her boundaries."

"It's your class. You know them best", Ectoplasm said. "Do you want to give Guardian extra weights to slow her down?"

"No", Aizawa answered.

"But-", All Might objected.

"Ruma doesn't do close combat", Aizawa interrupted him. "Weights or no weights, she'll try to keep (y/n) at a distance. Don't forget that they can both use their quirk freely without moving an inch. Of course Guardian will have to wear the standard weights, just for procedure."

"No objections here!", Nezu said. "That was the last of them, right? So let's start with preparing the stages!"

~~~