Chapter 16

"You know, we're supposed to keep our interns safe", Ruma said as we patrolled the streets. "We're not supposed to take you any place where we can't guarantee your safety. You're supposed to be like a guest."

The tall heroine turned to me with a devilish grin.

"I disagree", she said. "So let's do some hero stuff!"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm. Sure, Ruma was a grown woman, but she could act like a 9-year-old.

I didn't realize what her words meant until later, when we ran into a villain who was robbing a store. Ruma seemed to have completely forgotten about me and surged forward.

"Dragon... of Death!", she yelled as a huge amount of darkness came out of her body.

The dark blue substance formed into a dragon that flew towards the villain. The dragon closed up on the small time thug who seemed terrified. With one last flap of it's wings it ended up right above the villain. Then the dragon dove straight down with it's mouth wide open. It looked like it swallowed the villain, but the dragon didn't slow down and went to dust when it hit the pavement. All that remained was the villain, tied up with strings of darkness.

Ruma squealed before running forward.

"I hereby arrest you", she said with a wicked grin.

The villain huffed and looked at the ground.

It didn't take long for the police to arrive and take the villain away. Ruma's eyes widened when she saw me watching the police van driving away.

"(y/n)", she said as she walked up to me. "Sorry I rushed forward. You can take the next one if you want!"

"What was that?", I asked as I looked up at the tall heroine with admiration. "That dragon. It was insane."

Ruma smirked.

"That was my special move", she proudly said. "It's not a real dragon, obviously. It's more for show, since I have to shape every single one of it's movements, but it's worth it. Most villains totally shit their pants when they see it. Besides, I can't do close combat for shit. This works well enough."

"That was awesome", was all I knew to say.

"Thanks", Ruma smiled. "Do you have a special move yet? I thought you were required to have one at UA."

"Not yet", I answered. "I think we'll have to think of one later this year."

"Cool", Ruma purred. "So do you have one yet?"

"Not exactly", I mumbled. "I do have a vague idea though."

"Ohh. Please, do tell."

"Well...", I said as I started thinking more about it. "So far, the only way for me to use my quirk was after emitting it. I think it's even in the official description of death manipulation and manifestation, but-"

"It is", Ruma interrupted as she was suddenly scanning through a paper. "It says so in your file."

"My... file?"

Ruma nodded and handed it to me.

"Your school sent it after I confirmed I'd have you over for the internship", she explained.

I quickly scanned through the file.

~~

NAME: (y/n) (l/n)

ALIAS: Wraith

QUIRK: death manipulation and manifestation/teleportation. She can absorb and use power from the dead by emitting it. Power can come in different forms. Teleportation speaks for itself.