Backstory Pt 1

Season 2 Episode 1

"This isn't fucking goOod

"This isn't fucking goOod." I said as we looked at the nuclear blast behind us.

10k pointed to a tunnel and Warren squealed the tires and turned to make it.

"Hold on." She yelled. Me and 10k made eye contact through the mirror and we knew exactly what we wanted to say. I nodded to answer him.

We were soon hit with the blast and the van flipped and turned and busted.

I screamed in fear and pain as the van kept moving than it all went black. But I woke up and felt fear wash over me.

"Is everyone okay?" I heard but I couldn't keep my eyes open.

"Doc? 10k? Y/n?"

"Yep."

"Yeah."

I tried to make a noise but nothing would come out.

"Y/n? Y/n?" She continued. I tried to move but a burst of pain coursed through my body,

I let out a whimper of pain.

"M-mom." I managed a choked sob.

"Oh no, babygirl." She said. I heard shuffling and soon the parts of the car were being pulled away.

Warren pulled a flashlight out and examined my wounds. When they landed on a certain spot she prevented a gasp.

I groaned and looked down. A large piece of metal was lodged into my side. Another was stuck in my leg.

Her and I looked at eachother in fear before I coughed. When I did a large amount of blood spurted out.

Warren sighed and everyone came over to help pull me out. When we only moved a little bit, I let out a painful scream and bit my lip, drawing blood.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay." 10k reasoned.

The hot tears started to fall from my face, some burning the cuts in my face.

Finally, with a lot of pain and effort, I was removed from the van.

"Can you stand, honey?" Warren asked. I nodded and got up. My knees shook and I went tumbling to the ground only for 10k to catch me.

I looked at him with saddened eyes and he returned the look with hopeful ones. It broke my heart more because he was too naïve.

"10k can you carry her?" Doc asked. He nodded and soon I was being picked up bridal style.

Start Song :)))

She stares at her ceiling once again, with a hundred thoughts.

I look at 10k, making sure to capture every detail of his face, for I didn't know how long it'd be till I saw it again.

His beautiful smile was now replaced by a frown.

His once bright eyes that lit up a room, now carried sorrow and darkness.

I should've told him how I felt. Now, I had to pay the price. When we got to a place for a good rest he set me down on the ground and sat next to me.

He examined my wounds and contained himself from cringing. I grinned when he stuck his tongue in between his lips in concentration.

I didn't even feel the pain of him stitching my wounds. My attention was only on him.

"Remember when this all began?" I ask suddenly. A smirk grows on his face.

"Yes." He sighs. I chuckle and rub his cheek. His head leans into my touch.

Tommy and I were in the woods. He had promised me that he would teach my how to fish.

Our fathers were old friends. Therefore, I saw Tommy a lot.

I sat impatiently on the edge. Not getting a bite.

"Nothings happening, Thomas." I said in a bored tone. He shushed me and I looked at him in shock.

"Did you just-"

"You'll scare the fish." He explains. I look at the water in desperation. I wanted a fish. How hard could it possibly be to catch a fish.

"Boo!" I said in the water. Tommy looks at my with annoyance.

"There. All gone. Can we go home and eat now?" I ask. He hesitates but gives in and nods.

I clap excitedly and stand up grabbing little Tommy's hand in mine. He blushed and looked away.

We came across a woman walking oddly threw the woods. Tommy and I exchanged concerned looks.

"Ma'am? Do you need help?" I ask walking to her slowly. She turns at my voice and my heart drops.

Her skin looks like a sickening color of grey and an arrow was protruding through her chest.

I gasped and backed away. The woman started towards me and I grabbed Tommy before running in the opposite direction.

"Y/n? What's going on?" He asked. I only keep running. Than we come across another man.

He had a hatchet in the side of his neck. I gulped and felt Tommy's presence from my side disappear and panic.

But I realized He had run away. Without me. I sigh and turn back to the man.

He got closer and I finally felt a lightbulb go off in my head. Grabbing the hatchet in my hands I yanked and it flung from his neck.

"So hitting the heart won't work..." I muttered to myself avoiding the mans swinging arms.

"They can't bleed to death..whoever tried to kill him first hit a major artery, but the thing didn't die." I try and figure out.

"Only one other option." I shrug. My arms swing towards the mans head as hard as they could.

A thud was heard and the mans body dropped. His head beside him.

"So kill the brain. Got it." I said happily. I rushed to find Tommy only to see him laying on the ground passed out.

I sighed and checked for a pulse which I found.

"Y/n?" I heard a familiar voice ask.