Camp Half Blood needs a womans independance movement

Jaquelyn

Chiron had just finished his incredibly annoying speech about safety around the archery range, since we had received three newbies. The soft breeze blew a strand of my milk chocolate hair in my mouth, which i quickly spat out. Next to me, the flirty new girl with a formal hairstyle waved at my spanish half brother Chris Rodriguez, son of the god of theives, messangers, internet and travelers. I snort. Chris has a girlfriend, a girl who he had been following like Apollo followed Daphne ever since he arrived at camp. And that girl isn't just any ordinary girl.

She's Clarisse LaRue, daughter of the war god and counselor of cabin as well as being awarded with the title Drakon Slayer during the Titan war.

I arrived at camp a few weeks after the titan war, so thank gods I didn't arrive earlier because almost dying is not my cup of tea. Or my preferred beverage, chai vanilla soy lattes but whatever.

I fight with a spear. It's pretty awesome, my 14th birthday gift from my friends, and with the press of a button on my bangles, it turns into a magnificant celestial bronze spear. Unfortunately, Chiron thinks we need to learn to fight with other weaponry, in case ours breaks or gets lost of something, so I pick up the most functionable bow in the pile, long, sleek and very curved, when my other half brother Connor takes it out of my hands.

"Jeesh dude! What was that for?" I snap. Connor literally just took it out of my hands for no reason.

"Sorry Jacques, but your a girl, you understand right?" He flashes me a big cheesy grin calling me my annoying nickname in the Hermes cabin.

Just a girl? Just a gods damn girl? What about lady Artemis, or lady Athena, or queen Hera, or lady Aphrodite (actually If your searching for examples of feminist goddesses, Aphroditie Is the worst example) Whatever happened to woman's independence? Technically I'm fourteen and not a woman, but I could beat Connor's sorry arse in sward fight if I ever got put up against him. I've only ever competed against girls. Maybe its because I act like an Aphrodite kid-especially when it comes to gossip-, but even they've been given more rights than me.

Piper McLean is one of the seven fighting against many forces of evil. Silena Beauregard lead some cabins into battle against Kronos. Drew Tanaka, well... um did something.

I know Aphrodite didn't bless me, or else I would have looked like an ancient Greek special edition episode of Americas Next Top Model when I was claimed. The cadaecus flashed above my head while I was climbing down from the rock wall which spews lava for an 'additonal challenge'.

But not wanting to make a scene, I smile back and say "No I'm fine." To Connor through my teeth leaving me with a measly bow and the top fletching on some of the arrows missing

I eyed the target and drew my bad quality bow, and when I was about to shoot a flash of light and sparkles went off. Either the Hephaestus cabin screwed up building the confetti canonn for the fireworks, or someones being claimed by Aphrodite. Unless theres a god or goddess of glitter and useless stuff. Oh wait! Thats the job of this girl Drew Tanaka, the girl who takes the term prissy to a whole new level. The girl is extremly annoying, sugarcoating everything she says and charmspeaking us to be her slaves.

When im finally able to see without glitter flooding my eyes, I look up at the girl who was flirting with Chris now is wearing a draped grecian dress, more jewelry then Tiffany and co., and makeup that rivals the fashion week stylist's jobs, and has a sparkly dove floating above her head. Great. Another Aphrodite girl to sit around and demand the other cabins to polish their tonails or whatever. Its like, polish your own dam tonails princess! Well, almost every cabin 10 girl. Piper Mclean is almost the opposite of Drew, minus the fact that they both have the ability to charmspeak. And of course their interest in the son of Jupiter, Zeus' s roman counterpart, Jason Grace

"All hail Amara Hamilton, daughter of Aphrodite goddess of love and beauty." Chiron signals for everyone to get on their knees, however some of the boys are too busy drooling over Amara.

Authors note

Hi! Im the author, and this is my first story, so I'd love if you reviewed and share suggestions.

So happy i got votes and likes and a comment! Honestly, i thought i would get one like out of pity.