Thirty-Eight

Morning comes and I'm greeted with the sun trying to burn my eyes out. It's attempts have failed this time, but I know it'll likely try again tomorrow.

I check my phone to see if Minho stayed true to his word. Sure enough, he did.

Minho 💕
Hey babe~

I struggle not to blush as I send a quick text back. When I finish, I get ready to leave for school and get in the bus.

"Hey, Jisung." Minho says.

"You weren't kidding about sending me a text every morning, were you?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Nope!" he announces proudly. "Not in the slightest."

I smile like a dork while Minho untangles his earbuds. Once he finally figures it out, we listen to a couple of songs before the bus arrives and the two of us part ways.

I go to my homeroom and see Seungmin sitting in his seat quietly. He waves me over.

"What's up, Jisung?"

"Gas prices."

Seungmin gives me an expectedly annoyed face before rolling his eyes and continuing.

"You've been looking a lot better than when I saw you over the weekend." he says, just to spite me.

"Be quiet." I say with a chuckle. "Hey, why were you even there in the first place?"

"Uh, I was just visiting. No reason to it."

"Alright class, let's begin." Mr. Wang announces. Seungmin automatically turns his attention to the front of the classroom. I'm still getting a weird feeling from him, but for now I dismiss it.

Math class goes by smoothly, not counting the couple of sweat droplets I've noticed rolling down the side if my friend's head. Once it's over, I leave to foreign language class, intent on seeing my new boyfriend.

I walk in and sit next to Minho, the seat next to me soon occupying Jeongin.

"Hi, Jeongin." Minho waves.

"Hey. What'd I miss?" the young boy says.

"Nothing much. I got here half a second before you did." I tell him. In response, Jeongin nods as if he were a governor approving some kind of fancy document.

"So what are you guys up to?" Minho says.

I stand up, place my hand flat on my head and move it outward slightly. "This tall."

"Sit down, you shorty." Jeongin says with a laugh. Minho giggles as I scold the youngest.

Again, this class passes by with ease. The three of us walk down to the cafeteria and sit down at our usual seats.

"Hey, guys." Changbin waves. "What took you so long?"

"Minho kept on trying to jump on Jisung's back." Jeongin says. "I'm not sure why, but he did."

"Neither am I, Jeongin. Neither am I." I say, glaring jokingly at Minho. The boy just shrugs but from across the table, I see Seungmin stifling a laugh. Quickly and suddenly though, he loses the laugh and looks nearly expressionless.

Our group makes jokes and talks about random subjects while eating lunch. The period switches and I go with Chan, Minho and Jeongin to social studies.

Minho and I quietly flirt with each other in the corner of the classroom. With smiles on our faces, we leave the room when social studies concludes.

Chan and Jeongin leave before us, but when Minho and I exit the classroom we see Hyunjin. The tall boy's standing with odd posture and an awkward look plastered on his face.

"You okay, Hyunjin?" I ask him.

Hyunjin nods. "Yeah, I am. Real quick though, can I talk to you, Minho?" The older nods. And I wave goodbye and start to walk off.

That's when I hear Hyunjin say, "I can't do this anymore."

What can't Hyunjin do anymore? I think to myself. It's not something I do often, nor do I enjoy it, but despite that I slip behind a locker and eavesdrop in on their conversation.

I hear Hyunjin sigh and continue, "I've been trying to hold it in and hide it, Minho. I really have. It's just been so hard to do lately."

I hear a small pause, but am too scared to peak and see what's happening in case I get caught.

"What I'm trying to says is," Hyunjin's voice is shaky. "I like you, Minho."

I nearly gasp out loud from shock of what I heard come from Hyunjin's lips. On the other hand, what shocks me more is Minho's response.

"I like you too, Hyunjin."