"Were you running late for a costume party?" yes, I did blurt that out to his gorgeous chest and body.

"I must beg your pardon." The man seemed affronted.

That made me raise my gaze to his face. Yes, another gasp popped out of me. I'd never seen a more handsome face. Talk about symmetrical perfection. I'd never seen a straighter nose, such perfect cheekbones or jawlines in my life.

It was the piercing eyes that captured my attention, so blue, almost a scandalous colour of blue. When he tilted his head, I noticed his perfect, luscious lips. I had to swallow as I stared at him. Every inch of this man had a perfection that I'd seen nowhere else.

"Who are you?" I asked in a dazed voice.

"Isla, this is your brother. Don't try to pretend that you don't know him." Dad's voice snapped me back to reality.

"No, it's not." I protested.

"You see me!" the man turned his eyes on me, which left me stunned. "I never planned for such an occurrence, but perhaps I should have paid more attention. You are your mother's daughter in too many ways." He mused absently.

"What?" I couldn't hide my dreamy tone even when his words made no sense.

"You know I am not your brother."

As he started to speak, he touched me on the top of the head. Everything stopped moving. The clocks incessant ticking paused. My father froze with his mouth half opened and in the process of standing up. His crouch looked uncomfortable.

"What the hell?" I said into the deafening quiet.

"You know that I am not your brother." Huge behemoth remained active, and that tantalised me so much that I couldn't speak. My eyes darted past him, because he was hard to look at when his whole focus remained on me.

"You know I am not your brother, Little One." He walked over to me, tilted my chin up with a huge finger, and hypnotised me with those mega blue eyes.

"You're not my stepbrother," I managed a breathless reply. "And don't call me little one!"

"It is the truth. I much prefer truth telling. You are perhaps one of the smallest adult humans I have yet to interact with."

I didn't know whether to choose that he insulted me or complimented me. He had accurately pointed out the truth. I was short in comparison to the rest of the population. I'm sure compared to his huge size, any person would appear small. He had to be the largest person I had ever seen and the most intriguing. Did I happen to mention handsome? He would make any girl start to pant with one little look.

"Why does my dad think that you're my stepbrother?" I decide that I should get answers out of him instead of ogling him.

"As long as your brother has his clutches on my lamp, so I must remain his slave." Behemoth looked both peeved and depressed after he admitted that.

"That makes no sense. What's your name and what do you want from my dad?" I demanded.

"My name is Jene. I desire nothing from your fatherly figure. I must complete a wish made by your brother." He crossed his arms over that impressive chest.

"Okay, Jene... gawd, is that supposed to be Jene the genie? That's bloody hilarious!" I spluttered with laughter at the very thought.

"Whatever do you find amusing about my name, Little One?"

"This get up you've got on, and you're named Jene. C'mon, give me something original to work with here. You want work from dad on his stupid show, don't you?" I huffed out a laugh as the obvious dawned on me.