Chapter 2: Kim Jinhwan & Kim Donghyuk

"Annyeong Hanbyul-ah, how are you?"

Jinhwan called Hanbin to inform him that he already arrived on Jeju safely and is now helping on their little restaurant, 'Cafe at Home.' When Hanbyul heard that it was her Jinhwan oppa calling she instantly ask the phone from Hanbin.

"Bogoshipeo oppa~!"

"I miss you too little Byul, I'll visit you as soon as I get back, ok?"

"Yaaa~ hyung. I heard you, don't give her false hopes, she might throw tantrums if she doesn't see you soon."

"I will visit her I promise, but not so soon. Byul-ah wait for oppa. Bye little princess. Bye Hanbin, take care."

After Jinhwan's quick call to Hanbin, he immediately get back to their restaurant. Recently the tourists coming to Jeju increased, the resto was so busy that they had to hire additional servers to accomodate their customers. Jinhwan serves as the translator and accomodating host since most of tourists are Americans trying to explore the beauty of South Korea, good thing Jinhwan is fluent on English language.

"Jeju is just one of the many beautiful islands of South Korea, if you need help regarding directions or other information you can ask me Sir. I will be willing to help you out. Enjoy your food," Jinhwan says in perfect English.

"Honestly, I didn't thought that South Korea is as beautiful as this, I only know the country because of my daughter who is a big fan of Kpop. I thought it is only a land of handsome singing and dancing men."

Jinhwan smiled at the idea of South Korea to the man. Sure, Hallyu Wave is a big element on South Korea's tourism strategy, but the beauty of the country should not be set aside too. He grew up on Jeju witnessing the beauty of its beaches, the mixture of South Korea's traditional and modern way of living is pretty amazing, the food, the culture and the people are also great factors on South Korea's success on tourism.

Seeing her son working instead of resting, Mrs. Kim took Jinhwan's hand and walk on the house's back door. They sat on the benches outside watching the serene view of the beach.

"Jinhwan, will you rest for a while?"

"No eomma, I'm alright. I'll help."

"You came back home to rest after your training. You should just go and enjoy the beach, meet your childhood friends and hang-out with them. I want you to rest son... you've gone through a lot."

"Eomma... are you proud of me? Is appa and noona proud of me?"

Mrs. Kim can see sadness through her son's eyes and a glint of dismay. Jinhwan has always been emotional, he cries when he is sad, lonely, and even if he is glad or happy. She remembered during Mother's Day, Jinhwan called her over the phone, and cried as he told her how he misses his eomma wishing he could go home to celebrate Mother's Day with her. Jinhwan also cried when Yoonhyeong read a 'Thank You' letter to him and felt overwhelmed that the members appreciated him as their oldest hyung.

"Of course I am. Of course we are."

"You know that I did my best right? I worked on my voice. I learned from our YG mentors, I applied what they thought, I also developed my dancing skills, but despite that I lose, my team lose. When you let me enter YG you had your whole trust that I will debut, that I will stand onstage and you'll be there watching as I perform, but I disappointed you Mom. I'm sorry."

Mrs. Kim hushed her son then hug him instead. She knows that Jinhwan is still hurt because of the Final battle's result, but she knows that eventually, Jinhwan will accept the result and reflect on why they lose. She knows that God has better plans for her son and for TeamB, as of now, she will just hug her son and make him feel that he doesn't need to debut just to make her proud, by just being her son makes her proud.

"동횩oppa~!"

Hanbyul shouted as she saw Donghyuk on their house entrance. Donghyuk came over Hanbin's house after meeting someone outside. Since it is only a 10minute walk to his hyun's house so he decided to drop by. He also brought some cookies for Hanbyul as he passed by a pastry shop while walking.

"Annyeong Byul-ah! Did you miss oppa?"

"Bogoshipeo oppa~!"

"Nice to see you TOO Donghyuk." Hanbin remarked.

"Keke~ Nice to see you hyung, this little girl is such an oppa-magnet. Right Byul?"

Hanbyul opened the box of cookies and took 3 pieces of differently shaped cookies. She bite the apple shaped cookie then gave the cloud cookie to Hanbin while she gave the heart shaped cookie to Donghyuk.

"Saranghaeyo oppa~!"

"Aww cute. Saranghaeyo Hanbyul princess!"

After an hour of being Byul's horsie, Donghyuk bid his goodbye to them, promising Byul to bring her cookies the next time he'll visit again. "Say hi to eomma-nim for me hyung, I can't wait for her any longer, I have to go home." Donghyuk said then made his way out of door. Hanbyul waved her hand to bid goodbye on her Dong oppa.

While walking to the nearest bus stop, Donghyuk thought of what his Hanbin hyung said a while ago when he asked on how his school is. Honestly, he doesn't know what to answer, he gave up his school to enter YG and to debut as a singer. At first, his mom was against on the career he wants to pursue, afterall everyone is expecting him to finish college and become a professor.

Donghyuk is not just an ordinary student, he tops his classes, voted as class president, and professors have really high expectations on him, but he wanted to be a trainee and do what he really loves, dancing and singing infront of the crowd.

"I didn't go to the school administration yet hyung, but when I met one of my professors he said that the school offers special exams and if I pass I can continue on the next semester." "I'm sorry Donghyuk."

What is he sorry about?

Donghyuk waited for the bus on the bench nearby and noticed the bright blue sky.

"It is so peaceful here, very quiet unlike the busy scenes of the cities and very calming unlike the training rooms on YG."

YG Trainee Center always have speakers on, playing all genre of music. TeamB's training room is one of the loudest not just because of the music played but also because of Bobby's never ending jokes and energy. The boys have extremely great energy to dance and joke around throughout the day.

"Can you see me down here Appa?" Donhyuk said as he looks up, talking to his father up there in heaven. "I came at Hanbin hyung's house. It is fun there, especially Byul is around, I guess it will always be that fun in our house too- if you are there. When my team is battling against TeamA hyungs, I promised that when I come back I will bring my debut album. I came back earlier, did you see the flowers that I brought? I picked them out myself, did you like it? But sorry - I cannot bring my debut album, I lose the battle Appa, I am sorry for not making my promise. Sorry for letting you down, maybe I'll just follow what everyone likes me to do, study. Go to school, finish my college, maybe that is really my fate. Maybe it is what will make you and Mom proud of me."

Donghyuk pull himself together and boarded on the bus. He got so emotional by just thinking of his father. He wishes that he is still there, guiding and comforting him through bad times.

"You'll be good, son."