My throat went dry a long time ago, but it pains me to not be able to look inside his mind and search for his utterly delicious thoughts about me.

But instead of asking him to divulge his innermost thoughts and secrets, I simply comment, trying to look half as carefree and attractive as him, "It seems every day is a good day for her."

I sip the bloody red liquid in the light glass and my nostrils flare at the sheer strength, my eyes almost water.

I stifle a cough and Izuku smirks, motioning to the drink. "It's my usual at the palace. Gets me through everything, y'know?" Tossing away the old crusty dusty conversation, this new one will be interesting.

"Yeah," I whisper, contemplating if I down it in one go it will make me cry. I wonder about his duties at the palace. If he's especially important: More important than important.

"Want something different-"

"Yeah I want my usual," I sneer, smirking like a demon, flicking my hand in an awkward way to alert the bartenders I need a new drink.

They slowly come to my aid, hesitating and nervous compared to Izuku's quick, swift response.

They switch my strong glass for a lighter one with a serving just as generous as Izuku's, I silently acknowledge the difference in our drinks.

A long pause causes him to crack a subtle grin," Where's your family from."

"Unimportant: There's a million things I haven't done." I take a heavy swig of my wine and lick my lips, wine and sigh," I want to go to a real bar without the media pouncing on me. I want to be able to say 'put it on my tab' to the bartender-"

"Wow," He says, and I glare at him.

"What?" How dare he interrupt my drunk preach.

"It's just... that's such a normal wish. Who cares what the media thinks? I go down to the town all the time. They don't know who I am." He states it simply as if it was just an errand. Well, it is the same ranking as an errand, but still.

"For me, it's... different," I say, avoiding his eye contact.

He grins at me, his voice getting louder with every word," You're over conscious how everyone sees you," My eyes widen and his perfect grin widens," You try and hide it, but inside you're just a big softie-"

"Stop." Though, no one was around, embarrassment burned on my face as he exposed me. I bury my hot face in my unusually cold hands.

I don't see his face, but I feel his hand trace my loose hair.

"You're scared. The royal life in your life has really taken a toll on you hasn't it, Ochako." His voice is soft and I wish we could be somewhere more private.

His hand is gentle as it lightly caresses my hair from me slumped over on the table, face buried in my hands on the table.

"Shut up," I grumble, my words partially muffled from being blocked, but he got the message.

He paused for a long time and I wondered if he would speak again.

"I could take you to the village," He whispered, and I looked up," It could be our first date. I could give you my coat again and shoo off any perverts." His smirk returns and I give him a small smile.

"I don't know about that. Guys can be very persistent."

"Don't worry. I may be quirkless but I can be very scary," His husky whisper sends crazy shivers up my spine. Quirkless? I haven't heard that word in a very long time.