FanFiction Winners

Hello lovelies! I would like to announce the lovely winners of FanFiction. Thank you to Final_Lycanthropy for judging this genre! YOu have been an amazing help! <3 Please remember to thank your judge for their hard work!

Please Remember! If you want your winner sticker you'll need to private message my main account coolcourtney5 <3

Honourable Mention:

You Lied by: Pleaselovemetae

Review: I could see potential in the story. It reminded me of my stories during my first writing years. You have your writing style in your head, but you have to learn how to get it out so it really becomes yours. It's important, especially when writing in a language not completely mastered. I feel like it's the case for you, the way it was for me when I first started.

Plot-wise, potential. You are left in the dark at first and the pace is slow, but it's this speed that lets you know that it's not necessarily rushed, it's just in the process of getting better. I'd work on the plot, however, either add more details or more events.I don't know much about BTS, but some characters seemed to have a distinct voice that differentiated them, so that was great. Sometimes a bit on the cliché side, but definitely something you can work on and fix.Improvement-wise, I'd say the chapters are short. It's not necessarily a bad thing, far from it; concise writing is as good as long and flowery. I just had the vibe that adding more details, especially since sometimes it switches between POVs, would add more substance to the story. Don't rush to add unnecessary details, though. It takes a while to master writing long stuff that isn't pointless. Just take your time to improve.Speaking of POVs, some chapters are very hard to follow. Like I said earlier, there are POVs, but it's not always clear when they switch or whose POV it is. Focus maybe on fixing that. The easiest way is to say whose POVs it is at the top.The ultimate tip I have for you is one you probably heard a lot: read, read, read. It doesn't have to be books from the library, it can be stuff on Wattpad, but read. Notice how the author writes, how they describe, how they organize their chapters. Forget the aesthetics, don't focus on them; just focus on the writing-style of the author. See what you like, what you don't, and keep writing. In English, if you want your English to get better, read in English. If comprehension is an issue, there are apps that translate directly.Also, I noticed you're editing. Keep going, it's great. A trick is don't rush to post the story and edit it later while it's up. Write the chapter, leave it untouched for a few days, then come back and edit. Use grammar apps, it's really helpful too. Or get a friend to help, but make sure they are on the same editing pace as your writing one.

Congratulations Lovely!

Taking Third Place we have!: 

The Interlude by: FMM2310 

Review: Hi, fellow French speaker!

I love Tom Hiddleston and I feel like you really incorporated him in your story well. He's a gentleman, polite, just like in real life. It can be hard to do fanfiction about real people because you need to take into account a few things, but you did well. Yay!Your character was also interesting. Getting a glimpse of her life as a young child gave us an important insight in her personality, and it's very important to me. Youth shapes us, the past builds us. Seeing what happened to her younger makes us understanding of her.Plot-wise, it seemed to me like it was a classic OC x [real life character]. It's not negative, don't see it like that. When writing a classic, personally, I think it's important to make it stand out from all the other classics. It's usually with having a writing style and making sure the reader feels the chemistry between your OC and the real life person. Sometimes, it felt like the chemistry wasn't all there, sometimes it did (also, good job on bringing Tom in the beginning instead of like, the middle of the story) but it's not a terrible thing. It gives you the opportunity to build it and that's fun. Your writing style is very interesting, I enjoyed it. It felt very poetic and full of image.The only thing I want to say is kind of personal and minor, but I've always found it weird reading about bilingual characters that seem to switch between their languages, but they're in a country or place where the language isn't their dominant one. For example, the fact that the main character curses in French is fine, but if she's in London and she speaks English well, she shouldn't be answering people in French and then realize it's the wrong language and switch. It's just me and my opinion, but I've seen it a lot and it's not very logical. If you're cool with it, keep going, it's totally fine!Otherwise, keep going!

Congratulations Lovely!! <3 

Coming in at Second Place we have!!: 

Mixtape For The End Of The World by: epichorn31

Review: First of all, Brendon Urie, anyone? Just me? Okay.

I loved the story. It might seem like a short review but it's because I just loved it. The plot was incredibly intriguing, it was funny and entertaining. The titles of each chapter brought a smile on my face. They were clever and witty (things I like). I had a genuine good time reading. I mean, maybe it wasn't supposed to be humourous, but it made me laugh sometimes and I had fun.The first chapter brings you right into the story, and you're left confused wanting more while reading. I love first chapters that do that, because it forces you to stay connected right away. Events happened at a decent pace and there is not a time that you read a little bit faster in hope of getting to the good part. Absolutely great, good job.Loved the diversity of the characters. They're all distinct, they have their little singularities and there was a real chemistry between them. I enjoyed it. It felt like reading about best friends being totally silly together. Just awesome and relatable.Keep going with the silly, funny title chapters!

Congratulations Lovely!! <3 <3 

Annnnd Finally!!! For Our First Place Winner!!!: 

All I see by: Havingfun_ISKEY

Review: This might feel short too. I don't think I have any kind of criticism at all.

The plot was great. It's a mix of all things I love and that are more than entertaining to me. The bad side of the music/fame industry, the drama behind it. It's not the world of riches and happiness we think it is and you brought it well with a great character that we automatically get attached to on chapter 1. You want to root for him, you have compassion. I love the mature themes and they didn't feel over exaggerated as far as I read. It didn't feel like a fake way of having drama, it was genuine, good stuff, brought in the right way and not superficially. It's an entertaining and excellent mature story.Chemistry between the characters, whether it's because they like or hate each other. Great job on that one. We can connect and relate to a character, we become curious about them. We grow attached like I said earlier and it's simply awesome. Also, I love how the story has a connection with songs. Original, appealing and very smart in a symbolic way. I liked it.All I have to say honestly is keep writing!

Congratulations Lovely!!! <3 <3 <3

Thank you all so much for entering into this contest. I hope you have enjoyed it! Please be sure to thank your judge for all of their hard work! <3 Make sure to congratulate your winners as well! Please do not be upset if you haven't won! There are many more chances to come! <3