Chapter 21- Truth Unfolds

Zaynab

"Zara did run away, I was sick. Mentally. You all know that, I get angry for the littlest shit, so my marriages never quite worked out. Zara ran away, I knew she did. I purposely left her the money and plane ticket on the kitchen desktop. She took Salma with her. I couldn't stop them. I knew I'd ems up killing them. So I let em go. On the way, father, you had your men always keep an eye on me. They got to Zara and Salma and abducted Zara but Salma ran away",Abiodun stops as Salma runs over to Zara and hugs her tightly with tears running down her cheeks.

"I tracked Zara's whereabouts and got her out of there. She was hospitalized and I made her promise to not go anywhere near Salma. That's why she's been hidden. Abeke and Abisola well, I just made sure they were far away. Her and Zara have been living together",he explains.

"But why? Why did you hide them?",I ask him.

Abiodun looks at me and sighs.

"I've been keeping an eye on my father ever since he was jailed. He always expected me to be like him. It was easier to make him THINK I was like him. Because he wouldn't mess up what I had. But I messed that up myself. Then I just got tired of it all, I wanted to fix my anger problems. When I met YOU. If I hasn't his them, father would've killed them himself, so it was easier to make it seem like I has killed them.",he looks at me.

"So you DON'T have blood on your hands?",I whisper.

"No. Not really",he shakes his head which made me smile.

"But I did do yall wrong",he whispers a d glances towards Zara, Abeke and I.

"I already forgave you",The girls smile.

He looks at them and smiles a little.

"Me too",Abisola giggles.

Abiodun chuckles and picks her up. She hugs his neck and smiles.

"So you're really just a punk?",Phillip raises an eyebrow and scoffs.

"Listening to all your brainwashing techniques MADE ME a punk ass nigga. But going back to what Rakeem taught me, how he did your job as a FATHER made me a better person than I was. Than you ever was"Abiodun snaps.

I was just smiling throughout as he spoke.

He walks over to Philip and smiles.

"I guess we are alike. The only difference is you only think with your anger and hatred for people. You killed mama, Taye.....then you killed Rakeem. If I hadn't escaped, you would've killed me too. I have a reason for why I was a bomb ass nigga but.....why? Why did you hate us so much? Why did you torture us like that?",he asks Philip.

"Who said I hated you. You're mine. I own y'all".

"Yeah and that's what I THOUGHT. But guess what dad, NO YOU FUCKING DON'T",Abiodun yells then he slams Philip into the wall.

"Abiodun don't. There's no point stooping into his level",I tell him.

He looks back at me with a glare but that soon dissolves. He let's his father go but throws him toward the exit.

"You'll regret this Abiodun. You w-".

"Philip",Abiodun yells.

His friend Philip walks in with another guy. The men hold Abiodun's dad by the shoulders then they drag him backwards.

"Where are you taking me?".

"Back to jail. Thanks for that CD. Really helped",Abiodun winks at his dad who's just glaring at him.