Chapter 20- His Past

Zaynab

"Never EVER open the door for anyone ever again",Abiodun stresses out for the millionth time while pacing the living room floor.

"Am setting up cameras outside so you can see from inside who's at the door. If he broke in then he knows h- fuck fuck fuck",he smacks his forehead repeatedly then he starts swaying back and forth.

"Babe what are we going to do? I feel as if he'll attack me. He said you haven't taught me any manners and i- am scared Abiodun, am so so scared",I shake my head and cover my face.

"Hey",Abiodun kneels down before me and touches my face.

"I'll fix this. I promise you I won't let him hurt you".

His voice sounded so shaky, like he was scares himself. This is the first time I've ever heard a shake in his tone, his words are always so firm and confident. But this time they sounded afraid and uncertain.

"Babe",I scoot to the edge of the couch and hold his face.

"Are you scared?",I ask him. He looks at me and shakes his head.

"He was talking about some videos of your childhood",I whisper.

He looks away and shakes his head.

I sit on the floor beside him and sit on his lap and give him a quick and gentle kiss then rest my forehead against his.

"I know this must be hard for you, but I want you to know that am here for you every step of the way",I whisper while brushing his lips.

"That's all I need. Don't leave me, please",he the whispers.

I smile then hug him tightly.

"Never!".

"Am sorry about the last time. One of my ex boys told me that my dad was soon to be out. That's what was on my mind. I couldn't really focus. But it wasn't fair on you, am sorry about that",he whispers.

"It's okay baby, I just wish you would've talked to me about it. Am your wife, we're one. You can't be secretive with me, would you like me being secretive? No right? We should tell each other things",I tell him. He looks at me and smiles a little then he pulls me closer to him and places his lips on mine which made me instantly smile then wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss.

"EWWWWWW",Yousif let's out a scream. I part myself away from Abiodun who looks down and shakes his head with a chuckle. I turn around to find Yousif jumping up and down with his eyes covered.

"Awwws baby. Come here",I burst out into laughter then hold my arms out towards him.

"Eww no",he shakes his head.

"Yousif come here",Abiodun chuckles. Yousif instantly runs over then hugs both Abiodun and I.

"I LOVE YOU MOMMY, DADDY",he yells and gives us both a big kiss.

"We love you too".

***

"So you need my help?",mommy looks at Abiodun who rubs his face with frustration.

"Yeah",I answer for him.

"So your dad is out. What can he actually do? It's not like you're scared of him",Fawaz tells Abiodun who looks at him then his gaze drops and he looks away while playing with his fingers.

"Are you scared of your dad?",Malik gasps loudly. This time, everyone is now staring shockingly at Abiodun who doesn't reply.

"Wow. Never thought I'd see the day",Idris mumbles to himself earning a knock on the head from me.