For the First Time:Chapter 3-The Concert

Today was the first day of the holidays and since the beach was right across our house, it was going to be great. Until I realised I was going to spend the whole 6 weeks with my parents and oh god, Charlie. I ran downstairs, making sure not to wake up Charlie because I was hoping to ask my parents to go to the Cody Simpson concert...ALONE.

“Mum...mum...mum? MUM!” my whisper unintentionally turned into a scream.

“Hmm?” mum replied as always.

“I was wondering...so basically, I found out that I won tickets to the Cody Simpson concert that’s being held on Saturday 21st of July which is 2 days later and I was hoping if I could go...alone,” I suggested.

“Honey, I would let you go but who’s going to take you and who’s going to take care of you?” mum answered.

“Dad can take me and I’m 14 mum...but if I do have a problem, I’ll call you,” I added to reassure her.

“Well...I guess that would work but you’ll have to take your sister,” mum offered. Since I had to tickets and no one else to go with, I finally agreed to that condition. I didn’t even like Cody Simpson that much but a part of me was really excited for some reason.

After 2 days, it’s finally come; I’m going to meet Cody Simpson. I’ve been doing nothing in the past few days besides trying to set up the computer and Wi-Fi. Charlie was getting ready in and I know she’s as excited but probably more since she actually ‘likes’ him. Once dad drove us to the entrance and dropped us off. I walked in and showed the security guard my code. A minute later, a lady wearing black headphones and business clothes came and lead us to the V.I.P section which was backstage.

 There he was, Cody Simpson. He isn’t as bad as I’ve always portrayed him in my mind. He had blond wavy hair which reminded me of ocean waves, his eyes had a little spark and his face overall was really...adorable. I tried to erase the thought from my head and give a casual impression.

“H-H-Hi Cody,” my sister squeaked under her breath. I gave a little smirk and in return got elbowed in the stomach, I guess I deserved it.

“Hello! How are you guys? Which one’s Bella and which one is Charlie?” Cody greeted, it was...sweet.

“Well, I’m Bella and this is Charlie” I replied heedlessly pointing in Charlie’s direction who was hyperventilating.

“Ca-can I get an autograph?” Charlie trembled. I gave a little groan. I know that in the 21st Century, kids at like 10 already have a boyfriend and all but I still think they should be older before the actually think about getting into a real relationship you know...one that can actually last. 

“Sure!” Cody grinned.

After 5 minutes, Cody was setting up to go on stage and 2 seats were reserved for us near the front. I think I should stop calling him Cody, it sounds like I know him well or like him. When we got to our seats, the view was perfect and there were people coming in behind us. By the time the concert began, I felt...happy and glad I came.

About halfway through the show, I decided to just think to myself again because now and then I do things that are completely weird. This time, it was the same. I was singing to his song and actually enjoying myself. As I was thinking to myself, Cody shot his eye at me. I wasn’t sure what was happening. As he walked towards me, he grabbed my hand and got me on stage. My heart was beating really fast; I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to be 100 beats per second. He began to sing his song ‘Angel’ and serenade me. It was really awkward, of all his ‘Angels’ out there, he decided to pick me who wasn’t even a real fan. Everyone stared at me, as if they were waiting for me to cry for their satisfaction so I decided to constantly scan my eyes around the stage just to ignore them.

After the concert, Cody ...Simpson took us backstage. He showed us the secret exit and hugged us goodbye. Charlie asked for a picture at the last minute, I didn’t even know she had her camera with her but we got a picture and then went home. It was nice to meet a celebrity, now just walking away knowing that he’s not even going to remember us the next day makes everything seem like a dream.

“Hey Charlie, can I borrow your camera tomorrow? I’m just going to put the photos of our family at Sydney together on my computer,” I said knowing those photos weren’t my actual target.

“Yeah, sure,” Charlie replied, rather nicely...she’s probably tired.

“How was the concert girls?” dad asked while looking at us in the rear-view mirror.

“It was great,” I replied, waiting for Charlie to choke on her breath on how fantastic she thought it was but she was asleep. I turned to the window and thought to myself, Cody Simpson isn’t that bad...