two

Life as Bliss was certainly weird, but since the asian woman named Gabrielle told me I'm going to attend The School so I can make sure all of my intelligences stay even, I knew life as Blakely would be more intriguing. Even though I'm still considered the princess of the Emendatae. Maybe I would start with cutting my impossibly long hair. It brushed the small of my back when I walked. 

While I was on stage, Gabrielle explained to everybody that I just came into the world a few hours ago, that I'm really sixteen years old and my birthday is April 12, 2198, but as far as how long I've been active, it's been about three hours. The way she explained it was complicated, so I'm just going to tell people I'm sixteen. The word "active" stuck out in my mind. Can they just turn me off and on like a robot? Am I just a test?

When I got off stage, Felix helped me down again, and then told me to follow him. When everybdoy else from The Lab left, he started talking to me again. "I know you feel it." He said. It alarmed me at first, like, Feel what? But then I figured it out. The air of Emendatae. Everywhere I went, I could tell something was wrong. Something about this town just wasn't right, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. And hopefully, Felix is about to tell me. "You're right to feel that way."

I wait for a second, and he still doesn't say anything. "What's wrong, then?"

It was dark, because the party after my "ceremony" was about three hours long. Everybody - and I mean everybody - tried to talk to me. A lot of people gave me their numbers and told me to call them later. I threw all of them away except one. Lily's. I took the piece of paper out of my pocket and held in between my fingertips, and I started to see a ghostly pink color floating around the edges of the paper, like really opaque dust was turning colors. I gasped and turned to Felix. "Look!" I wiggled the paper in front of his face.

"A number?" He asked. "I don't know how I feel about that. Is it a boy?" 

I got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. "You don't see it." I said. It wasn't a question, but he replied like it was.

"No, sorry hun. See what?" He looked at me with one eyebrow raised.

I lowered the paper and put it back into my pocket. "I don't know. I thought I saw the air around it turning colors." I sighed. What was that?

"Oh, that's just an aura." He seemed relieved, letting out a long sigh. "I thought you were going crazy."

"What's an aura?" I asked as we approached the Musical Section's gate. I could already hear the drums and guitars going off, even though it has to be at least eleven o'clock at night. Felix held up his identification and they let us pass through, bowing slightly. I knew I would never get used to that.

"It's something you see around people and objects, thought it's more common around and above people's heads." He replied, tucking his ID into his wallet and his wallet into the pocket of his jeans. Since you saw pink-" He stopped and looked at me like he was angry. "Is that a boy's number?"

"No." I replied confidently. Then I started laughing. "Your face was great!"

"Don't lie to me little girl!" Felix teased, shaking his finger at me.

"I'm not! Her name is Lily." I replied. "She was really nice." And she mention something about escaping this town, which I thought was interesting and frankly pretty ballsy to say to the... Princess.

"Are you a lesbian?"

"What?" I asked, a bit shocked.

"Are you?" He pressed.

I wasn't, but I decided to tease him. "Oh, I don't know, I've only been active for about a day. I could be anything, you know."

"Alright, alright," Felix sighed and stopped in front of the door of the brick building. "Enough of that. I asked that because a pink aura will represent a new romantic relationship most of the time. But it can also represent a person who is loving, sensual, and artistic. Unless it was a dark pink, then they could be immature and dishonest."