three

"Got it." the girl with purple hair said, then put the fire out and helped everyone else into a hiding place. The room was full of, "What's going on?" and "Are we in danger?" to which the girl just ignored. I noticed that in the darkness I couldn't see anyone's aura, but I could still feel the energy.

"Well, what are we going to do, genius?" Alphonse asked in a sharp, condescending tone. I could feel my ears getting hot and took a deep breath, thanking god for the darkness.

"As soon as you cut the attitude," I whispered snarkily, "We're going to take those guys out."

"And just how will you do that?" He snapped back. "Unless somehow you've had years worth of some type of martial arts training in the past six hours, you don't stand a chance!" I was about to agree with him when Felix's words stopped my train of thought right on its tracks.

"She may have only been active for a couple of hours, but keep in mind that she's been alive for 16 years," Felix began to explain, but Alphonse interrupted him before he could finish.

"Yeah, yeah, I was at the Ceremony. That doesn't mean she can-" He stopped right when I was about to shush him. I was beginning to wonder if we had some type of mind connection, but then I realized he must have felt it too. The change in spiritual energy. I didn't know how to describe it. It felt like if you had liquidized fear and then evaporated it into the air so that if you breathed it in, you could feel it in the pit of your stomach, feel it pumping through your veins, feel it in the shortness of your breath - but you weren't scared. You just felt that someone else was. Alphonse stood back up and looked back at the girl with purple hair, who was also standing. "Mariah," He said. "It's Kelsey."

"Shit," Mariah, the purple-haired girl, began to make her way over to us, stepping over everyone else who - by the way - were still too frightened to stand. But Felix and I weren't, so we rose with Mariah and Alphonse. "Are you sure?"

"Lite the fire." Alphonse replied. I'm pretty sure that was a yes.

When Mariah departed, I stood a bit closer to Alphonse so I could ask without being heard. "Is this Kelsey dangerous?" I was confused. I could feel the bad energy, but I could also feel Alphonse's steady, calm energy. Somehow, through all of the scared people in the room and whoever Kelsey is, Alphonse's confidence radiated strong enough for me to feel it. And in that moment, I remember it being the only thing that kept me tranquil. When the light came back to the room, I could see not a blue or a purple aura, but more of an indigo resting around Alphonse's head.

"What does an indigo aura represent?" I asked.

He looked at me with his piercing, dark purple eyes and smirked. "Is that what you see?"

"I never said that." I replied. He was so cocky.

He chuckled. "I don't know. It beats your's though. Your's is boring."

"What is it?"

Right then, the door flew open and slammed against the wall. In walked a tall girl with sharp blue eyes and cute and curly blonde hair that completely contrasted with her killer body. She walked in with tight black pants and a black tank top and adjusted her cropped leather jacket. She had bright red lipstick that mesmerized you when she talked. "Get up. You're all pathetic." I quickly discovered that her way with words wasn't necessarily as graceful as her curves. She approached Alphonse with a confidence that matched his, if not triumphed it. Her red aura was large, reaching out at least two inches past her head, and although I could tell the red was dark, it was nearly transparent. The top of her head was level with Alphonse's, but then again, she had on heels. "We meet again, Alphonse."

Alphonse didn't need to say anything. His aura said it all for me, but his eyes said it all for her. 

"What?" The girl put a hand on her hip and swung her weight to one side as the people in the room started to stand again. "Your girlfriend is gone for six months, she comes back, and she doesn't even get a hello?"

"You're not my girlfriend." Alphonse snarled. He wouldn't look at her. His hands somehow made themselves into fists and he found a sudden interest in the floor. His aura started to change into a bright, lemon-like color. I could feel the shame.

The girl laughed, then slapped his arm. "That's the voice I wanted to hear!" She cackled. She looked at me, and the smiled faded. "Who are you?" 

People gasped. Alphonse didn't miss a beat. "Watch who you're talking to." His voice cracked like a whip, and he stood taller, making deadly eye contact. 

"That's what I'd like to know," the girl didn't stammer either. She turned to me again. "who are you?"

In that moment, I knew I had a choice. I could start off by saying I was Bliss. The Princess of Emendatae, the girl who was 16 years old and 6 hours active, the girl who didn't really know who she was. Or I could start off by saying I was Blakely. The girl who still didn't know who she was, but still had a chance to create herself. Unfortunately, Bliss was created without my permission and behind my back. The choice was obvious. "Blakely." I replied. 

"Got a last name?" She asked casually. The energy in the room let up for a second, and then Alphonse made it dense again when he shifted to look at me. I could see the anger in his eyes.

"No." I said, playing with my ponytail. "No, just Blakely."

The girl looked at me for a moment, eyeing me up and down like a textbook, studying me. "Simple. I like it."

"Have some respect for yourself," Alphonse snarled under his breath. "I don't buy the whole, 'I didn't ask to be a Princess!' act," he turned around and stepped up close, towering over me so that I had to crane my neck to look up at him. "and I don't care how much you want to be Blakely. You," he said, putting a hand on the top of my head. "are Bliss. Okay?"

"Get your hands off of her!" Felix yelled and snatched Alphonse's hand back, throwing him into the wall. I heard Alphonse's head smack against the plaster. When he looked back up, all of the potential for kindness I ever saw in his eyes was drained.

"Princess?" The girl twirled her hair.

"Kelsey," Felix grabbed her arm, but not roughly. Like a gentleman. "come with me. I will explain everything." When Kelsey and Felix left the room and shut the door, people began to talk again. Alphonse was still sulking and staring at the floor. 

I approached him with caution. "I didn't mean to upset you." I said, thinking that would be a good way to start. But Alphonse didn't want to hear any of it. He didn't even look at me before he stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. 

Mariah came up next to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't mind him," she said. "I've been friends with him his whole life, and he's always been a crybaby."

"Thanks." I smiled. We were quiet for a second, and I put my hand on her hand, looking up at her. She had pretty brown irises. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No," Mariah gazed at the door. Her aura was a bright, emerald green. "he's just been waiting for you for a long time. Both of you." Before I could ask her what she meant by that, she was going back to her friends. Waiting for me specifically? Waiting for The Princess?

Or waiting for someone like him?