Chapter 20- His Past

Start from the beginning

"Shut up",I tell him. He rolls his eyes and moves away from me altogether.

"I knew they wouldn't understand. I'll take care of this myself",Abiodun mumbles then he stands up abruptly, ready to walk out of the room when mommy holds his hand stopping him.

"He sent me a video",she tells him.

"He knows where you live?",Abiodun turns to her then his chest starts hevaing up and down.

"We've met, briefly. He handed me this",she rummages through her bag and takes out a CD labelled 'To My Son'.

"What is in it?",Aaleyah asks mommy who shrugs.

"We can watch it together",she holds the CD to Ibrahim who walks over to the CD player. He bends down and starts working the player.

"I don't think we should watch it",Abiodun clears his throat and rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"The fact that you're nervous males me want to watch it",Malik replies.

"I really don't think. It's not a good idea",Abiodun walks over to the CD player in attempt to take it out but before he could press the eject button, laughter from the screen fills the entire room. It sounded like his dad's laughter.

"Abiodun move",Ibrahim moves him away. Abiodun was just frozen as he stares at the screen. His hand which is still laid out in front of him starts shaking.

"Abiodun?",I call but mommy shakes her head at me so I focus back on the TV while occasionally glancing at him.

There's two little boys, about the age of 5 and the other looks to be 10, a girl who looks to be about 8 years then there's Philip. They're all tied up to a homemade electric chair while Philip is standing in front of them all with a smile on his face.

"Rakeem, what would you like me to start with? You or your little sister Omotayebi OR should we go for your little brother, Abiodun",Philip asks the kids who were shaking with fear.

"Abiodun?",we all whisper then look at Abiodun who gulps with his eyes fixated on the screen.

"Start with me. I'll take their turns too. Please father", Rakeem begs Philip who just starts laughing.

He walks over towards Abiodun who just starts crying out of nowhere. Anger flashes through Philips face then he slaps Abiodun who cries harder.

"DID I TOUCH YOU? WHY ARE YOU CRYING? HUH?", Philip screams then he grabs Abiodun by the head and punches him in the face repeatedly.

"Father he's just a kid, please am sorry, please he's sorry", Rakeem begs but Philip didn't care. It looked like it just made him angrier. He leaves Abiodun who's now covered up with blood. He couldn't even breathx he was panting heavily while trying to loosen his wrist from the ropes.
Philip walks over to the corner where there's a mixture of technology equipments. He starts fumbling with some buttons on a screen which seemed to put Abiodun in pain because he was just screaming.