Chapter Thirty

Haliegh's POV

The next morning, I find myself alone when I wake up. However I can smell breakfast cooking from downstairs. Mason must be up and cooking for everyone. I sit up and stretch out all my muscles. My feet still hurt from last night. I climb out of bed and slip into my robe. I search for my slippers. I can't find them when I look around the room and I'm not going to feel around for some stupid slippers. I head downstairs. Ashley and Nova are just coming out of their rooms. They look like hell.

"I take that you guys had a bunch of fun last night." I tell them.

"Girl I can't wait until you're not pregnant. We are going to have one hell of a girls' night. Colten, Nolan and Mason are going to have to babysit us for the night." Ashley says.

"Totally agree with her. I can't wait until we can all go out and get drunk together." Nova says as she rubs her head. We head for the kitchen. The boys are all wearing aprons and cooking breakfast.

"We need to sleep in a lot more." I tell the ladies.

We giggle as we watch them cooking. They seem to be doing great. Colten is tending to the bacon and sausage, Nolan has the toast covered and Mason is making omelets and stuffed french toast.

"Good morning ladies. We have coffee and hot chocolate made, and breakfast will be up soon." Colten says.

"Thank you darling." Ashley walks over to Colten and kisses his cheek.

I walk over and wrap my arms around Mason's waist.

"Hi babygirl. How are you feeling today?" Mason asks me.

"My feet are still swollen from yesterday."

"Are you sure you want to go shopping tomorrow? I mean that's a lot of walking." Mason tells me.

"Yes. There's a lot of deals tomorrow on car seats, crib and everything. I want to get the twins' stuff for sure. And there's a ton of home decor on deals tomorrow."

Mason just sighs.

"I guess, I will be going shopping with you all." Mason says.

"We'll go with you man. We can't leave you alone with all that craziness." Nolan tells Mason. I laugh. I grab plates and start to set the table.

"Who's helping me cook supper tonight?" I ask Mason.

"I believe all of your sister-in-laws are taking care of everything so you don't have to a thing today. You can sit back and watch us play football today with all the teenagers." Mason tells me. The guys all high five each other.

I look at the ladies.

"This sounds like a bad thing. Somebody is going to get hurt. I can almost guarantee it." I tell them. They nod.

"It'll be fine. We're gonna finish breakfast, get ready to go and then go to the pack house so that you can supervise everything this morning." Mason tells me as I grab silverware for the table.

"Hmmm what time does the football game start?" I ask as I set silverware down.

"About one o'clock. It's going to be fun. Even your dad is going to play in the games today." Mason states.

"Are you kidding me? Who the hell talked my dad into playing in the football game today. Mason isn't a young lad anymore. He's older and it's harder for his wolf to heal him like it would be if you guys got hurt. I mean really what happens if he breaks something or gets a serious head injury. No my dad isn't allowed to play. Use any of my brothers, they all have mates to deal with their grumpy asses when they get hurt, I don't care but you leave my dad out of it."