Chapter One

Today is my 18th birthday. I stare in the mirror looking at my thick black hair. Today I had curled it and wrapped a red ribbon in my hair. There's not a whole lot that I can do with my hair. It has a mind of its own. Most days it's a mess that I hide in a high ponytail or a messy bun.

I decided to wear my white summer dress with my bright pink flip flops on. I look half way decent even though no one will notice me at all. I'm a wallflower in this life. I prefer to keep it that way.

Most of my brothers still live with us and so do their mates. So it can get a little crowded at night when everyone is home.

Today is also the last day of school and the end of my junior year. I can't wait to be a senior. It just means one more year until I can runaway to college. Until I can finally be free of taking care of all of my siblings. Don't get me wrong, I love my family but they're always with mates and I feel like the outsider.

I grab my school bag and head downstairs. I also grab some laundry that is sitting on the stairs and bring it to the laundry room. I completely ignore the kitchen as I know it's a freaking disaster. I know there's dishes stacked to the ceiling high and the garbage is overflowing. The living room needs to be picked up and vaccum. The laundry is stacked. I highly doubt the guys have any clean clothes anymore.

I've had finals all week and dad promised that the boys would step up and cover all the chores. Which they haven't. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

I walk through the living room. It's almost as bad as the kitchen, pizza boxes litter the floor. The boys' game system is plugged into the main tv and their controllers are stashed everywhere. There are pop bottles, soda cans, and garbage everywhere. Crumbs are ground into the carpet.

Diego, Branden and Greg are sitting there.

"Hey Hails." Branden says. I stop and glare at all three of them.

"Jesus what did we do now?" Diego jokes.

Anger flows through my viens.

"This place is a freaking distater. You guys are freaking pigs." I shout at them.

I kick a soda can across the room.

"Geez, Haliegh it's a little messy so what!" Greg says as if it's normal to live in such a dump.

"You guys don't get it. And you never will." I sigh and leave the house. Tears are filling my eyes. My brothers are freaking pigs and they will never change. Tears fall and I quickly wipe them away.

I climb into my truck and speed away from the house. Tonight I have to work at the nursery. Thankfully I won't be back until later when they all disappear with their mates. I call my father at the mill.

"Hey pumpkin!"

"I quit. I'm not a freaking maid for them. I shouldn't have to pick up after all of them. They aren't like this when their mates are around or at least their mates clean up after them which shouldn't happen either. They're grown freaking men." I yell into the phone.

"I'm sorry babygirl. I know this is tough right now."

"Dad I'm a freaking maid to all of them. Not a sister. Nobody even wished me a happy birthday daddy. It's not tough, it's a nightmare." I start crying even harder.

"I'm so sorry babygirl, I'll deal with it. It will be okay. I want you to go to school and have a great day."

"Okay." I mumble. Yeah right it's freaking school.

"I love you pumpkin. Happy Birthday Haliegh."

"Thank you daddy."

I pull into the parking lot and go to my first class.