Vocabulary of the Omegaverse

Start from the beginning

Ω: Omegas are the lowest in ranking in a group and are a rare breed where pregnancy is possible for these males. Male Omegas are self-lubricating (produce slick) and have the ability to become pregnant. On one hand, omegas are revered because an alpha individual is born out of an omega, although there are rare cases when a Beta and Omega pairing produce and Alpha child. Paired Alphas may be jealous and possessive of their mate, while the Omega may become submissive. Omegas and Alphas may go into heat/rut and need to have sex; this may be the only time Omegas are fertile. Because of an Omegas heat and the unable to restrain themselves when this time occurs, they are seen as, and feel, inferior. Therefore, they are largely not given high positions by their employers and tend to have a hard time keeping a job.

~

About the Gender Examination: It is an obligation of the people placed by the government to undergo a blood test to determine if they are an Alpha, Delta, Epsilon, Beta, Theta, Gamma, Iota, Sigma or Omega. They are required to provide their medical documents as they progress through their school years and into the work world.

Ω Heat: A heat is the time the Omega is most fertile and ready to mate. Some choose to have partners to help during their heats, others hide in their nests without a mate until their heat is over. During their heat, Omegas produce a sickly sweet scent to draw Alphas to mate them, whether the Omega wants to or not. This scent can either be the Omega's amplified natural scent, or it can be the self-lubricant they produced. It's extremely important that if the Omega is unmated, that they have some form of protection during their heat since they are protect themselves due to their hormone imbalance. Some buildings have heat rooms for this particular situation, where the Omega is protected and safe from outside forces. Heats can be very unpredictable, especially in the adolescent years, as they can be irregular or if the Omega is a late bloomer. Sometimes Omegas can be forced into heat be the pheromones of Alphas or just go into heat through their natural cycle. Omegas are typically under a significant amount of emotional and physical stress during their heat.

Nests: Most Omegas will build a nest in a secure room to provide comfort for themselves and their Alpha partner. This nest is made up of all soft items that they own. ranging from their clothes to their bedding. If they have an Alpha they trust, they'll use their clothing in the nest too. A nest where the omega feels more comfortable since they're fragile creatures, and most Alphas will respect it as the Omega's space. If their nest is invaded, they'll most likely develop trust issues. It's their Alpha's job to protect the nest, since it's essentially the Omega's territory.

Slick: Slick is the substance secreted by Omegas when their in heat. It is a very sweet smelling fluid that is semi-translucent. When tasted, it is very sweet. Slick is basically a form of self-lubrication for Omegas.

α Rut: Alphas experience ruts the same way the omegas experience heats, but instead of submitting, they feel the need to dominate. If they don't have a partner, they'll do the same thing an omega does; lock themselves in their rooms until their rut is over. However, Alphas in ruts are much more dangerous than usual. If they feel threatened or smell another Alphas scent, they'll feel the urge to attack. If their is an Omega nearby, they may feel the need to protect them from harm, even if there is none. Other Alohas may instinctively try to mate with the Omega, whether forcefully or not.

Knot: This is found in Alphas and is the primary way to mate with Omegas. The knot is essentially a bundle of muscles that expands/inflates when the Alpha is about to climax. The knot also ties them and their mate for a short or a long time until it goes down enough to be removed. Removal upon the knot already being tied to their partner is very painful and dangerous.