Vocabulary of the Omegaverse

~

α: Alphas are generally dominant and able to impregnate Omegas. They are the highest ranking members of a group as they hold absolute control over their group numbers. Male Alphas usually have a knot when aroused. Alphas are responsible for leading the group, establishing territory and its safety, and protecting the group from rogues. They are responsible for keeping the group in order and in control.

Δ: Deltas are similar to alphas, but only psychologically, that is to say they are aggressive and territorial. But in the presence of alphas, they are second in command next to Betas and are the right hand man/woman to alphas. Their is usually one Delta in a pack/group. Their scent isn't as strong as the alphas but not as weak as the betas. Their scent can induce heats in omegas but cannot induce ruts in alphas. Their scent is a mix of smells like the alpha.

Ε: Epsilons is a rare breed and tend to be a bridge between Alphas and Betas and only occur with an Alpha and a Beta parent. They are typically seen pairing up with Zetas and Iotas. Epsilons are similar to Alphas in their genitals but has the scent of Betas. They do not have typical shows of dominance, but it's very common for Epsilons to be cunning and tricking people to show their dominance (which is why people don't trust Epsilons often).

β: Betas are subordinates to Alphas and my be able to impregnate Omegas. Betas are often presented as having "normal" human anatomy with none of the special attributes of Alphas or Omegas. The Beta is essentially second-in-command of the pack. When the Alphas are absent, it's the Beta's job to make sure the group is organized and under control. When the Alphas are indeed away for a time they demand the same respect and control from the rest of the group. Betas comprises of over 70% of the human population. Features such as physical and behavioral traits are generally normal. Marriages between this type are the usual, with a high percentage of the child being born as a beta.

Z: Zetas are the truly neutral. They don't have pheromones or any special skills, and were actually considered genetically deficit until the late 20th century. This breed tends to be more popular with normal humans.

Θ: Thetas is a rare breed that are actually super dangerous. Thetas have a genetic mutation (that assumedly is a mutated Beta gene) that causes their "calming scent" to knock people out entirely, and it's not uncommon for Thetas to be recruited by the army as soldiers. Thetas are required to take medication that blocks their scent, but they can pass for Zetas or Betas in public.

γ: Gammas are basically betas with omega characteristics. They however lack scent glands and knots, rendering them immune to alphas, deltas and omega scents. They also cannot smell them unless their are given the information of an omega in heat or alpha in rut. However, they aren't similar to humans as they still have many characteristics similar to the omegas. They are submissive to betas, deltas and alphas, but not to omegas. They however relate to omegas as they have a strong maternal instincts rather their male or female.

I: Iotas is a rare breed and tend to be a bridge between Omegas and Betas. They go through shorter heats, and have the scent of Betas. Iotas typically need to be forced or tricked into submission which is why it's very common for Epsilons and Iotas to be mated. They do not nest, they don't care for it.

Σ: Sigmas are basically Omegas with Alpha characteristics. They are just as aggressive as Alphas and often fight with one another. As children, Sigmas and Alphas do typically fight with one another, but due to Sigmas being biological Omegas, they're still weaker. Sigmas often tease their Omega friends about their nesting habits, as Sigmas do not nest much outside of heat and pregnancy.