~The Distraction~

Star City

July 4

9:01ET

I saw my Uncle, Green Arrow, and his protege, Speedy, hit Icicle Jr. with one of his amazing exploding arrows. Sarcasm included. It's not like I hated the bomb arrows as I called them, it's just when, where and why you pull one out and aim it in the first place. My Aunt, Black Canary, and I met up with Speedy and my Uncle on top of the bridge, looking down at the wounded Icicle Jr. My name is Gunshot. I wasn't born with powers like my Aunt was, and i'm thankful that I didn't have powers. Instead of having powers, I use hand guns as my weapon of choice for, well, almost everything. I live with my aunt and uncle since my parents are both dead... I shiver every time I think of their death. How they died was still uncertain, but I could swear to you that it was planned by someone and not just a simple "accident" that the police called it.

Today was a really really big day for not just me, but Speedy also! This is the day that I get to meet the team and take my "next step" at becoming a hero! Speedy already knows the others, I heard a little bit about them, but today was officially the day. "Jr. doing this for attention?" I heard Speedy say, he aimed another arrow at Icicle Jr. I shrugged and got out my black and blue nine millimeter, aiming and shooting at the incoming icicles. "How should I know? He's a teen boy that is a villain. He could be doing this for attention for all we know! I'm more pissed at the fact he had to do it on this day! Today of all days!" I answered his question, even if it was a rhetorical question, I still had a reply.

We all ran towards Icicle Jr. I hit him right in the jaw, and a piece of him came off, so I was curious to see what it was. "I'm telling you now, this little distraction better not interfere with the big event today." Speedy grumbled in his normal 'angry and focused' tone he always had when he was irritated and it was a big day. Just when I thought it was over, Jr. throws an icicle at us. Speedy destroyed it, and as he shot at the icicle, I aimed and shot Jr. I didn't kill him, just knocked him out with my custom "tazzer" bullets. My aunt smirked and came up from behind me, placing her hand onto my shoulder before walking in front of me. "Nice job Gunshot!" She congratulated me. My uncle came around us and squatted down by the knocked out Jr, he chuckled and looked at us, "Kid had a glass jaw!" He laughed getting up.

"Hilarious, can we go? Today's the day." Speedy said sternly, eyebrows furrowing. My Uncle, Aunt and Speedy all looked at me, "Well Gun? Are you ready?" Black Canary asked, raising an eyebrow. I sighed and nodded, "Yes. I am." I stated with confidence. "Before you can even meet the others, we need to fix up that wound of yours. When did you even get it?" Speedy asked, sounding concern for once all day today. "I got it earlier before Canary and I met up with you two. " I explained. Speedy sighed, "You need to be more careful. I can't be worried about you all the time." He said, walking closer to me. I rolled my eyes, "You shouldn't worry about me Speedy. Come on, are we going or not?" I asked, walking away.

-----------------------------

So! First chapter is short, that's because I didn't want to say time skip. Trying to be professional with this! I will be updating this as much as I can during the rest of the week. I have prom this weekend, but tomorrow and Thursday should be good days to update. But anyway! Hope you liked it! Vote if you want and leave comments if you would like too! I did change some things from the original text to here, but it's my story and I can do that!

So see ya!