PART 7: "Luna's Important Question"

Start from the beginning

Sam's attention was taken from the side in the kitchen to the doorway as Luna slowly entered wearing her usual clothes. Luna had a smile on her face. "You're walking more normally!" Sam gushed. "Yeah brah, my leg feels so much better!" Luna exclaimed. "That's great!" Sam smiled. "So, what shall we do today dude? School is closed for another week so we've got all of next week as well" Luna revealed. "Hm, how about we go to your house? Catch up with Lori and Lincoln?" Sam suggested. Luna smiled at the thought. "Yeah okay!" Luna replied.

The pair finished tidying up and then headed to the house across the road. As they walked, Sam smiled at Luna. Luna's hand slowly slipped into Sam's as they walked. Luna's big question popped into her head as they walked. She wanted so desperately to ask it now but she knew she had to bide her time and ask her at the right moment. They got to the front door and opened it. Luna's eyes widened in shock as her and Sam froze.

All of Luna's siblings were running about, screaming, laughing and causing chaos. Just as the siblings froze and looked at the pair, Luna and Sam's hands separated from each other. "Uh-I-uh" Luna stuttered, feeling the beads of sweat forming. "Hey Luna!" They all gushed, surrounding Luna and hugging her. Lori and Lincoln appeared at the bottom of the stairs. "What are you guys doing back?" Luna asked after her siblings moved back from the hug. "Our trip is done, duh!" Lynn replied. "Oh, what about mom and dad?" Luna added. Lori headed to the kitchen, leaving Lincoln at the stairs. "They went shopping, I wanted to go but they told us to stay behind" Lola replied in a slight annoyed tone with her arms folded. "So, who's your friend Luna?" Lana asked which caused the rest of the siblings to turn their attention to Sam.

Sam's eyes widened as she felt her nerves jump to a thousand. It was nerve wrecking meeting Luna's sisters for the first time but now she had their attention. "Uh-Uhh" Sam stuttered. "She's uh" Luna began nervously. "My name is Sam, I moved across the road a few weeks ago. Luna's told me a lot about you guys" Sam interrupted, trying her best to keep her cool. There was a pause before all the siblings started talking and greeting Sam happily. Sam mentally sighed in relief. It was scary meeting Luna's family for the first time. But Sam was more worried about them not liking her. Especially since her and Luna had gotten close. She wanted to make sure she was accepted by the others like Lori accepted her.

"Who wants some snacks?!" Lori called from the kitchen. The siblings went silent for a few moments before rushing away into the kitchen, followed by Lincoln who tried to keep up with them. Sam and Luna breathed in relief once they had all gone. "That was close" Luna said. "Yeah, my heart is racing!" Sam agreed. "Are you okay? Sorry if this is a bit too much or-or you can't deal with this" Luna nervously told Sam. "What? No, no Lunes I'm okay. It's just; I wanna make a good impression. I want them to like me" Sam admitted. "Oh... but if Lori and Lincoln likes you dude, then they will too. Plus, I like you so..." Luna smiled, causing Sam to blush. "Yeah maybe your right... How about you? A-are you okay?" Sam asked. "I'm okay, I'm just kinda nervous about the whole them finding out about me... Uh... me being... you know" Luna revealed quietly. Sam placed her hand in Luna's. "I know Lunes. And I'm here for you. Just take it easy and don't rush to tell them. You tell them when you are ready" Sam reassured. Luna smiled in response.

For a moment, it felt as though they were truly alone again with no one nearby. Both Luna and Sam stared into each other's eyes. "S-sam?" Luna began, her stomach starting to feel queasy. "Yeah?" Sam smiled. "I-I uh... I have" Luna began. "Hey Sam! Wanna see my outfit for my next pageant?!" Lola interrupted, entering the room. "Oh uhm, is that okay with you?" Sam asked, looking at Luna. "Y-yeah that's cool with me dude" Luna replied, trying to hide her disappointment. Sam smiled and rushed off with Lola upstairs. Luna sighed sadly. "Don't worry Luna, everything will be cool. Just got to find the right moment" Luna said to herself, trying to lift her spirit up. "Who are you talking too?" Lucy's monotone voice spoke up as she was standing right next to Luna. "Gah!" Luna squealed, jumping in surprise. "Uh I was uhm talking to myself" Luna told her nervously. "Yeah I know. Find the right moment to do what?" Lucy stated. "Uhhh, uhm... find the right time to ask Sam if she wants to learn a new song. She's improving and I think she's ready to tackle a new song" Luna revealed nervously. "Gotta go!" Luna added before running off.