Chapter Five: The Hunt

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END! Also I have a huge shout out to Azhur0 for the TOTALLY AMAZING banner! Thank you soo much!

____________________________________________________________

We are hunting gang members! Why would we hunt someone who isn’t afraid of us?

“Why can’t we kill a human slave?” I whisper to Tyler. He turns his head to look at me and rolls his eyes.

Chill Camilla, they aren’t going to hurt you, he says in my mind. Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

Bull crap they attack anything or anyone in their sight, I say. Tyler shakes his head lightly before walk around the corner where they were. My eyes widen in shock, and I just follow closely behind. I peer over Tyler’s shoulder to see a group of dirty gang members staring at us.

“Well, well guys look who we have here. A new target and it brought a play toy for us.” The leader of the group says and looks around Tyler’s shoulder at me. He winks at me and I scrunch up my nose in disgust. I want to flee so far away from here, but the smell of blood stops me. My fangs start to poke out and a low snarl rumbles in my chest. Tyler looks back at me and raises his eyebrows.

Hurry up, Tyler, I say in his mind.

Patience sister, he says back with a small smirk on his face. I roll my eyes and step out from behind him. The gang members’ gazes move over to me and stare at me from head to toe. Anger bubbles in me and I snarl, showing my teeth at them. A few of them widen their eyes, but most of them grin.

“Feisty little devil. I heard that they are supposed to be really good at s-“he doesn’t get to finish the sentence before I run over to him and bite down on his neck. Warm blood floods into my instantly. I sink my fangs in deeper and more blood starts to flow into my mouth. Behind me I could hear the sound of people screaming and the sound of bodies hitting the floor.

“That is enough Camilla. You are going to kill him.” Tyler says and yanks lightly on my arm. I growl at him, but keep drinking the blood. The gang member’s body begins to shake and his knees buckle. I wrap my arm around his body to keep him from falling to the ground.

“That is enough.” Tyler yells and yanks me away from the guy. I fall down on the ground and glare up at Tyler. Tyler picks the body up but soon drops it, realizing that it was too late to save him. He turns around to face me with a furious expression.

“I told you to stop.” He yells and glares down at me. I wipe the blood off of my mouth and look down at the dusty floor.

“Why didn’t you stop?” he asks in a calmer voice this time. I trace a heart on the ground before looking up at him.

“I couldn’t, okay. Can we please just go back?” I mumble out and make a huge an “X” over top of my drawing. When I look back up at him, I realize he is staring at me in confusion and shock.

“I don’t think going back would be a good idea right now. There are other vampires roaming the streets and they won’t be happy if they see us.” He says and picks up a dead body, slinging it over his shoulder. I furrow my brows in confusion.

“Why would they be angry? I mean you are a vampire, so why wouldn’t you get along?” I ask. Tyler stays silent for a few seconds before letting out a loud laugh.

“I know I am a vampire, and so are you. That is what the problem is. Let’s just say that all the vampires don’t sit around a table and express their feelings. They also don’t take…” his voice trails off and he clenches his jaw. Why didn’t he finish what he was going to say? Is he hiding something from me? 

“Tyler are you hid-“my voice gets cut off by the sound of footsteps running down the alleyway, coming towards us.  Tyler looks at me with a pissed expression.

Follow me, he says in my mind. I nod my head and he runs over to the window. He looks down at the ground before jumping out the window. My eyes widen and I run over to the window. I look down to see him staring up at me. The footsteps were getting louder behind me.

Just jump, he says aggravated. I sigh before jumping out the window. The cold night air whips my hair around in the air before it stops and I land on my feet. I waited to hear the sound of my bones cracking, but nothing sounds. I open my eyes to see that I was perfectly fine and Tyler was staring at me in amusement. He looks over my head at the window before taking off running down the street, using vampire speed. I follow quickly behind him.

                We reach the building moments later and Tyler opens the front door. Inside, I could hear people laughing downstairs. I furrow my brows and then the scent of humans hits my nose.

Why are there humans living downstairs, I ask in his mind.

“They are human slaves of the other vampires living in here,” He says and starts walking up the stairs.

“There are other vampires here?” I ask and Tyler nods his head.

“Did you create them, Tyler?” at that question, Tyler stops.

“Yes I did, and a few vampires that live in the Vampire City are not happy about. So if I were you, I wouldn’t go outside so much. If you aren’t a vampire they created or a human slave, they will kill you. Got it?” he says.

“Yes,” I whisper and he nods his head.

“I’ll be in my study if you need me.” He says before disappearing up the stairs. I stay silent for a few seconds before going up the stairs and into the room I was in earlier. I know Tyler is hiding something from me and I don’t know either if it is a good thing or a bad thing. Tyler will tell me it when he wants to. For now, I guess we all keep our secrets. 

________________________________________________________________

I am in need of a book trailer for this story and also my new story "Karma is a Bitch". I would TRULY appreciate it if you made one. Also, I would love you forever if you made a banner. Anyways I'll dedicate a chapter after you and maybe even put you in one of the stories.

Vote

Comment

I would really appreciate it! :)