chapter 16

I woke up the next morning, still with the same questions that haunted me last night. I looked at the clock beside me to see it was already 11am. The night had been hard and I wanted so badly to sleep again and stay in my bed. The only place I could be safe right now. But I couldn't since I was going to the cinema with Brandon's friends and him.

I got up -sincerely regretting it- as the cold air hit my body. I took my clothes and get in the shower. The hot water covering my body, as my thoughts flew back in my mind. It was like torture just thinking I had an argument with my father.

I got out of the shower and put my dress. I subconsciously took the big case of makeup and put it on my face in a big quantity. I looked at myself in the mirror. I tried to put a smile but it was evident it was fake. I tried to think about Brandon but still nothing. I shook my head back and forth looking down. This wouldn't work. I had to tell Brandon I can't come.

I composed the number of Brandon and waited for a little while before he picked it up.

''Hey babe.'' He said enthusiastically. A little smile went on my lips before disappearing fast enough.

''Hey. Hum... Listen, I don't know if I should come...'' I said before being cut off.

''What? Hey you promised me to come. You have to come.'' He said sternly.

''Yeah, I know but I don't feel really good.''

''Are you sick?'' He asked.

''No.'' I said asking myself where he was going with that.

''So, did you puke?'' He asked.

''No?'' What is he trying to tell me?

''So what's the matter? You certainly have a good reason to call and tell me you can't come.'' He said getting frustrate.

''I know and I just don't feel like getting out of my house.'' I said which was true.

''Listen, you're wasting my time. I'll see you at the groceries store as usual at 1 pm, OK? Be there in time because I won't wait long.'' He said getting impatient. It was how it worked with him; he could tell me he can't come because he prefers doing things with his friends but if I tell him no he'll get frustrate.

''Hum... OK. Love you.'' I said feeling guilty.

''Yeah, love you too.'' He said not really genuine.

I climbed up stairs and was going to leave when something caught my eye. My necklace. It was lying on the floor since I threw it yesterday night. I took it and put it on the desk besides the door. I didn't give it a second look and just got out of here, towards the bus' stop.

***

''Hey babe.'' I said as I put on my fake smile.

''Hey, you're looking great today. Plus you don't seem so bad as you told me.'' He said raising an eyebrow like if I told him a lie earlier. Couldn't he see it was fake?

He drove to the cinema, talking about what he did yesterday with his friends. I couldn't get the chance to talk too as usual before he parked up in the parking lot. We got out to be greeted by his friends and their girlfriends I would have called fake before but since I was one of them, I couldn't criticize. They started joking as the girls laughed at their not so funny jocks, except me. The argument was still playing on and on in my mind. He told me I changed, that Brandon wasn't good for me...

''Kate, you look like a dumb right now, stop it.'' I heard Brandon say as his friends and their girlfriends started laughing. I got out of my day dreaming when everything my dad told yesterday became clear. Why was I doing that? I mean, why didn't I argued with him before? Why did I did all he wanted but when it came to him, he wouldn't do a thing for me? Why did I changed for him?

''My dad was right.'' I said whispering to myself.

''What?'' Brandon asked looking at me like if I was really idiot as the others continued to laugh.

''My dad was right.'' I said now confident. Then he restarted to laugh. When he calmed down I forced a little laugh before continuing. ''You're a jerk.'' I said smirking. Everything went silent and his smile disappeared. He looked at me surprised and frustrated.

''What? Since when are you telling me that?'' he said wide eye, frustration clear in his voice. ''Excuse yourself and I'll forget that and everything will be alright, OK?'' He said to make me feel guilty. Before I would but not anymore. I know I'm loved, no need a stupid boyfriend for that.

''No.'' I said simply still smirking.

''Babe, tell me you're sorry and I won't break up, don't worry.'' He said as if he was talking to a child.

''Don't bother yourself with that, I'll do it.''

''What do you mean?'' He asked knotting his eyebrows together.

''It's over, Brandon.'' I said as I stepped back towards the door, my hands in the air. I turned around as my arms fell back beside my body. Before I could exit, Brandon shout behind me.

''You will never find someone like me!'' He said sounding more frustrated then he ever had been. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around slowly with a straight-face. I could see him smirking from where I was and I smirked back.

''That's the point.'' I said loud enough for him to hear and his smirk disappearing. I turned around a second time before walking off, a big smile plastered on my face -and no need to tell you it was genuine this time. My dad was right, I had changed and Brandon wasn't good for me. Plus, I had left Alexander first but I would fix it when I won't have that stupid dress and my clown-makeup on me. Because I couldn't deny it anymore, I liked him more than in a friend way. Why didn't I see it before? It was so evident that Alex was better. Being separated from him had been the worst thing in my life. I looked around until I saw a Starbucks. I entered it with the idea of getting this makeup off my face.

As I entered, I looked up and my heart stopped. I wanted to die right now.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys :)

I had a big smile as I wrote the part where Kate break up with Brandon :D

But why does she want to die now? It was only a Starbucks she entered...

Comment, vote, let me know if you're as happy as I am ;)

And go listen ''Break your little heart'' by All time low! I waited for so long to put that sond in my story :) One of my favourite from them! :)

Love y'all :) <3