chapter 25

Kate's POV

Today was the day. People were talking to me, my friends were telling me to stay strong. But how could I be strong if I had nothing to hold onto? 

My gaze dropped once more at the dark dress Laura had bought me. Nothing fancy. Alex was just beside me, sitting comfortably on the grey seat of his parents car. I don't know why they were coming, they didn't know my father and they don't know me. Maybe a sign to show me some sympathy? Even though, right now I didn't need some more sympathy. It just made my stomach do turns.

The car stopped in front of the church of our town. I wasn't ready to face the world, not alone. I knew my friends were there but still, I felt completely alone. I took a deep breath just as Alex opened his car door. Then, I followed him outside and found myself walking alone towards the church. People tried to greet me but I just ignored them, making my way through the small crowd. I finally entered the church to see that some people had already took their places. My feet worked without even thinking and seconds later, I was sitting on the front bench, staring at the coffin. 

***

Alex' POV

I held the car door for her to get out and seconds later she followed me out. She didn't stop her momentum and continued towards the church alone. I watched her walk away as people tried to grab her or talk to her but it seemed as if nothing could reach her right now. She just continued to walk until she entered the building and then I snapped out of my trance and closed the door.

 ''How is she?'' I turned around to see her mother on the verge of tears. 

''I don't know, she won't even talk to me.'' I looked back at the door where she had just disappeared and sigh heavily. ''What I don't understand is that she talks to Laura.''

''You have to know that Laura always has been like a second sister to her.'' I nodded.

''Yeah her sister. Talking about her, where is she? Will she come?'' I asked. If her mother wasn't taking Kate then maybe her relationship with her sister was better.

''Oh, she did come. She's over there.'' She said pointing me to a tall girl in high heels. Her hair were curly and black going to her shoulders' level. Mascara had been over-used just as her black-contour. Red lipstick was applied a little too much and her black dress was short.

''She's...'' I let it plane in the air before turning back to Kate's mother. Her look was fixed on her oldest daughter.

''A slut.'' Before I could say anything she walked towards the church.

Kate's POV

People were starting to pill in and soon enough, someone came next to me. I let them hold my hand without knowing who it was. It was just nice to know someone was there for me in that moment. 

Eventually, the ceremony started. By the voice, there weren't loads of people but it didn't matter to me as long as I felt my father near.

Alex' POV

Before it started, I saw Laura sit beside Kate and hold her hand. At least she wasn't alone, I thought to myself.

All along, I stayed at the back, letting the tears flow down without feeling awkward. The songs, the words, even the silence felt right during all of it. 

When it was over, people went to say their sympathy. If she was like me, she will hate it. Just like when I was here for Leslie, I felt like digging a hole and die in it so nobody would ever reach me and tell me how they are sorry and that they were good people. They don't know them and we don't need words from people we don't know either. I know I'm harsh but it's the truth.

I saw her stumbling towards me, trying to avoid someone behind her. As I squinted my eyes, I recognized her sister almost jogging to keep up with her. Kate stormed past me without a single look, and ran to the car. I didn't wait a second and ran after her.

''Leave me alone! I don't need you in my life, you weren't even there during most of it!'' I heard Kate's voice echo around the parking lot as people started pilling out the church.

''Just let me talk to you!'' Her sister's voice rang through my ears and I grinted my teeth. Some girls just have too sharp voice.

''I. Don't. Want. To.'' Kate growled and everything fell silent. They kept on eyeing each others before Katie Bear got in the car. I looked at her sister who looked devastated before getting in the car as well. We didn't talk as we waited for my parents and seconds later they were in the car not saying a word too. They probably just assist at the exchange. 

We drove to the cemetery, and everything past like a blur. Kate's father was buried as rain started to pour down on us. Kate only move once, at the end. She walked up to the grave and put on a little flower and a necklace. She said some words, only a whisper, and walked back beside me. Then e left, when everyone was gone and my parents waiting inside the car.

Moments later we were at home and it was as if nothing had happen today. Kate just walked off to the guest room and my father to his pathetic workoffice. I walked past my mom giving her a quick little kiss on the cheek saying goodnight, and got up stairs to my room too. My feet felt heavy and I felt like sleeping already even though it was only 2 in the after noon. I was about to open my bedroom door when I heard her voice, so low and quiet, I almost missed it.

''I think it's time we have a talk.''

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey m'little fans :)

Not a long chapter, I know that, but it's already 11 pm and I'm almost sleeping on my computer.. so, well, there it is :)

I know I said I wouldn't be uploading anymore, but someone made me change my mind.. Just hope she recognize herself.. :)xx

I'd really appreciate some comments, vote, fan even... you don't know how much it can help some writers :)

so thanks everyone for reading this story !! I'll try to upload before at least 2 weeks :)

Love y'all :) ♥