Chapter 1

The elevator arrived at the top floor and dinged. I stepped out into my room and turned on the lights and stared at amazement at my new home for the rest of my schooling life. It paled in comparison to my room at home which was bigger than this whole floor but was pretty decent considering this was boarding school. I took my shoes of and let my feet sink into the soft, furry carpet. My mother knew I loved this sort of carpet the most so she must have specially ordered it. 

I let my eyes roam across the floor and noticed it was mostly suited for my tastes, a mixture of blues and silvers. Mother must have come here beforehand to prepare for my arrival. I stepped across the "living room," which situated a large Versace couch and a 120inch TV, towards what I assumed to be my bedroom. 

Inside was a large post bed, much like my one at home. I stepped towards it and let my hands caress the silky material of the silver coloured bed sheets. I continued towards the walk-in wardrobe where all my clothes had been previously unpacked and organized into colours. I stared with disdain at the numerous pink clothing items and cringed. 

I turned around, having had enough of the clash of colours, and walked towards my bathroom. I found a sunken bath tub and a large marble counter top. I walked towards the mirrors hung above the sinks and grimaced at the bags under my eyes. My eyes dropped to the numerous amount of make up that I did not recognise. What was I gonna do with all this? I didn't even know how to use half the stuff.  I went to grab some of the makeup to throw it away when I knocked a large group of the products off the counter causing a big mess on the floor. I knelt down to pick up the fallen things, causing my sleeve to slightly raise up, causing the light scars on my wrists to show. My mother had tried to use laser scar removal to conceal them but they could only do so much. They were a constant reminder of my emotionless soul, the only pain that I could feel. The room started to close in and I was having trouble breathing. I needed to get out of here. 

I half run and half stumbled my way out of the room and into the elevator. I pressed the ground floor button and waited for the doors to open again, taking long deep breaths. I stepped out once I had arrived on the ground floor and walked out. 

Once I was out of the dormitory foyer, I leant against the building, my back hitting the brick wall. I continued to take deep breathes and calmed down only to realise that I had no idea where I was going to go. Back into the room was not an option, it was too suffocating. I decided to walk towards the large building in the middle of the dormitory campus hoping to find something to pass the time. I took out my ear buds and placed them into my ears while I scrolled through my phone, looking for my favourite songs. 

"Watch out!" 

I looked up just in time to catch the football that was inches away from my face. The guys who had thrown the ball looked at me with surprise at my extremely fast reflexes. I guess all those years of self defense and training had been worth it. Two guys started running towards me. As they approached, I noticed that they were identical twins. 

"Hey," they said in unison. 

"Hi," I said in an emotionless voice. 

"You're the new girl aren't you?" Said twin 1. 

"The scholarship student? Lyla Beau right?"

"It's Lysandra Beau but you can just call me Lysa and yes, I'm the new girl." 

They let out a low whistle. "Beautiful and smart. Just my type."

I rolled my eyes. "Is there a cafe anywhere around here?" 

"Yeah, we'll take you." They turned around and yelled at the guys that they were leaving. 

"We're Luke and Liam Ryder by the way. I'm Liam, he's Luke." Said Liam on my right, which meant Luke was on my left. 

"So you must successors of Ryder Company." The second richest family in this school. Their eyes darkened at the mention of the family business. I could totally understand, being rich was not as great as it seems. "Nice to meet you. Now, please lead the way to the cafe." 

I stared at the cafe menu, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the numerous choices available. At home, my chef would prepare my coffee just the way I liked it so I had no idea what to get. I closed my eyes and let my finger choose. I opened my eyes and saw that my finger landed on Caramel Macchiato. 

"One Caramel Macchiato please," I said to the barista behind the counter.

I handed her the money and received my drink. Then I went to find somewhere to sit. I noticed a cosy round booth in the corner. I started walking towards the booth and was just about to sit down when 3 guys slid in. I looked at them with disgust. 

"Excuse me, I was just about to sit there."

The guy in the middle stared at me and smirked. He had brown hair slightly spiked up and warm blue eyes that held a mischievous glint. "And what are you going to do about it?" His voice was deep and smooth. 

I glared at him and removed the lid from my cup. I took at sip and moaned at the delicious taste. I then proceeded to dump the rest of my delicious drink on top of his head. 

He jumped up and let out a scream. "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?!!!" 

The guys sitting next to him tried to hide their chuckles behind their hands. The twins came up from behind me and draped their arms over my shoulders.

"Hey, Lysandra. What's going on..." When they saw what the commotion was all about they both burst out laughing. 

"She got you good Colton! Lysandra, you are my new best friend!!" 

I smirked when I saw the daggers Colton was sending me. I spun around and shook off the twins arms.  Then I noticed that everyone in the cafe was staring at me, their mouths open with shock. I shrugged and proceeded to walk to the counter.

"Another caramel macchiato please." 

The guys from the booth came up from behind me. The shorter one grinned while the taller guy had an inscrutable look on his face. "You must be Lysandra Beau. I'm Milo Arbuthnot and he's Jace Ridley." So they're the heirs to the Arbuthnot and Ridley Enterprises. Their parents, the current CEOs, had joined their businesses together last year which had been very succesful. They were the 4th and 5th richest families in this school. 

I gave a curt nod and turned around again. 

"Soooooo... Do you know who that was?"

"I don't really care." 

"Well maybe you should. He's Colton Stratford, as in the richest and most powerful family in this school." Second now... "He will do anything to get revenge. You should be a little scared." 

I scoffed. "I'm not scared of anyone." 

I took my drink and left. 

"You better watch your back Beau." Shouted Colton from behind me. 

I turned around and smirked. "Do your worst. Nothing gets to me anymore." I gave a mock salute and walked off. 

*

I returned to my room and jumped onto the couch. I turned on the TV and the news channel came on. 

"Mr and Mrs Beaumont were seen together at the Orphanage charity today. Their daughter, who has not been seen for several years, was not with them. The public have been wondering whether or not something has happened to the young heiress..." 

I pushed myself up and entered my bedroom, not bothering to turn off the TV. I crawled under the sheets and tried to sleep. 

NEW CHAPTER WOOO!!!! 

I'VE STARTED ADDING A CAST! YAYYY!!

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE :) 

Love Satan's Child