Prologue

I stared out the window with my ear buds in, staring at the clouds that we passed. I barely noticed the tears streaming down my mother's face and my father who was making wild hand gesture, his face  turning an unflattering shade of purple. A stewardess walked in but when she noticed my father's anger, she timidly backed out of the room. We were on our way to our house in the Hamptons but somehow things spiralled. I inwardly sighed, normally I loved flying. It lulled me to sleep with the constant movement, while sleeping on a motionless 'comfortable' bed gave me nightmares... I hissed in pain as an ear bud was forcefully pulled from my right ear.

"Were you even listening to me, Lysandra?!"

I turned my head to him, my face completely void of any emotion. He flinched a little at the lifelessness in my once bright blue eyes which were now a dark grey, so dark that they almost looked black. "I have been very lenient with you. All these years, I've put up with all your antics because I know the pain you went through when your friends, Lena and Trenton..." I flinched slightly at the mention of their names. My father's eyes softened for a second before hardening again. "But you've pushed both your mother and me over the limit. We've had enough."

I stood up and tilted my head a little upwards to look him dead in the eyes. Even though I was considered tall with my 5ft 10 height, my father was almost 6ft 2. "I understand. What's my punishment?"

He stared at me for a second. "You will be attending Hillstone Academy. It's a prestigious boarding school. Normally you would be staying in a dorm room but your mother managed to get you your own floor." I scoffed. Of course, who would want to offend the Beaumont family. "You will be finishing your high school life there as Lysandra Beau. You will be in disguise and will not be known as the heiress of Beaumont Enterprises. Return once you are our daughter again." 

"I understand." My father looked slightly surprised at my compliance. He stared at me before moving to comfort my mother. I turned and headed to my private room. I laid down on the couch and looked at the ceiling. I draped one hand over my eyes and slowly closed them,  letting the motion of the plane rock me to sleep. 

*

I tugged at the uncomfortable chestnut coloured wig which covered my blond hair. It hung in soft waves and reached the middle of my back. My father wanted to make me wear contacts to hide the colour of my  eyes but my mother insisted that it would damage them.

Before I left, my father handed me a credit card and my new ID and left without a goodbye. Quiet sobs left mother as she clung to my body. I stood stiff as a pole, human contact was unfamiliar to me. She sniffled, kissed my cheek and gave me a small smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "Try to have some fun darling." With that, she turned and followed my father out the room. 

"Miss, we're here." 

I stared out the tinted window. The school looked like an ancient castle. Students milled around along the paths, only one or two actually wearing the school uniform. The girls were all dressed in the latest fashion with a maid behind them carrying their designer luggage. The driver opened the door and I stepped out of the car with the grace of a ballerina thanks to the numerous hours where I was forced to study etiquette and poise. 

He opened the trunk and proceeded to take my unbranded backpack out. My mother had specially ordered a Louis Vuitton backpack with my initials printed on but I had cringed at the ugly clash of the pink lettering against the brown. "Miss, would you like to start heading to your room. Your maids have already taken your luggage to your room." 

"Thank you." I swung the bag over my shoulder and headed towards the office. The girls mouths all snarled in disgust at my non-designer bag. I couldn't care less. 

When I arrived at the office, the receptionist continued to stare at her computer as if she did not notice my presence. I cleared my throat. The receptionist looked up and asked in a shrieky voice, "What do you want?" 

I raised an eyebrow. This was probably the first time sometime had actually talked to me this way. "This is Hillstone Academy, only the most powerful and richest families are allowed to enroll here. Nobodies are not allowed." I scoffed and rolled my eyes at her elitist behaviour. 

"I'm Lysandra Beau, the new student. Can I get my dorm key and class schedule."

She stared at me for a minute probably wondering how a "nobody" was admitted into this school. Her sharp bright red nails clacked as she checked for my name. She suddenly paused and stared at me with a slacken jaw.  Nobody wanted to mess with the Beaumont family. I guess my ripped jeans and army jacket did not make me look like the heiress to a billion dollar fortune. 

"I'm so sorry Miss Beaumont. I've just been having a really bad day." I rolled my eyes at her poorly thought up excuse. "Here's your key and your schedule."  

"It's Beau," I said as turned around ready to find my room. 

"Of course, uhh Miss Beau" she stammered, "umm, did I mention you're really pretty?" 

I continued out the door and restrained myself from rolling my eyes at her obvious attempt to flatter me.

Hope you enjoyed the prologue! 

Hehe. 

Love Satan's Child