Chapter 17: A bit too cold don't you think pt.2

DJ'S POV

I was leaning back on the sofa, asleep. I was hearing someone humming. He began singing.

'Always on. Always on my mind and way out of my league.

You were born. You were born to be on this plain, and I'm hard to read.

I thought of you. Hoping that the ripples would make you notice me, notice me.

And now you're here. Sunlight on the ripples.

Somehow you noticed me. Noticed me.'

"Derick? Are you singing on the plane, again?" I smirked, Opening one eye.

"YOURE AWAKE!" Derick said jumping out of his seat. "N-no. I was, um-" He started getting nervous.

"You have a great singing voice." I grinned.

"Um. Thanks....I'm gonna go over there." He said walking off.

/DJ:"You know. Derick gets so flustered. I don't get to fully know him. It's a little funny. He's so shy and nervous around me. Not sure if that's just around me, Or people in general."\

Derick's POV

It's not as awkward singing when everyone is singing with you. Like how we do on the show. But when It's just you, and Someone's listening. It's so awkward.

I returned back to first class.I walked back over to DJ.

"Hey DJ. I finished making you that shirt. Well, actually I been done with that. But I wanted to make a matching cap and gloves for it." I grinned.

DJ just stared blankly at me.

"It's the same color as my outfit. We would be matching. I just thought it would be.... cute. I-I guess..." I said, awkwardly.

He continued to blankly stare at me.

"Or... not...." I said, slowly walking back, slightly teary eyed.

"I'm just messing, man. I'll enjoy matching." DJ grinned, putting his arm over my shoulder making me blush.

He went to go change into the outfit I made him. It wasn't much different from his original. Just a different color.

It just has gloves with it.[That's the purpose of the photo above. Hehe.]

He came back, changed in the outfit I made.

"So. How do I look?" He asked me.

I got in a whole daze. Staring at him as if he were a model, or a God of some sort.

"You look like a million bucks." I said, still in a daze." A perfect work of art."

"Gee. Thanks D." He said.

I was still stuck staring at him.

"Um. You can stop staring now." DJ said. But I was still stuck in my own fantasy world.

"Hello?" DJ said, snapping his fingers in front of me getting me out of the daze.

"Huh?" I said.

"You were zoning out again. You can stop staring now."

"Aww... do I have to?" I complained, still in a trans.

"Pfft. Yeah you do." DJ smirked, poking my head bringing my mind back down to earth.

"Man. You are one strange, dude. " DJ said.

"Yeah. So I've heard." I sighed.

"No. I didn't mean it like that. Like. You're different. That's what a meant."DJ explained.