Chapter 6: Thunder and Lightning.

Derick's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night from a loud clap of thunder. I rubbed my eyes and looked out the plane window.

We were still flying, but it was thundering and raining outside. I seen DJ wake up.

"You Alright D?" DJ asked me.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine. I just woke up from the sound. Kinda reminds me when I was a child."

DJ looked at me confused.

"Oh. My father used to put me outside in bad weather. One time thunder struck right in front of me. A bit frightening, but once you hear the sound you know that you weren't struck." I said.

"Oh. Well, that sucks."

"Everything about me sucks, Deej. But now I probably won't be able to fall asleep. It's to loud."

"Afraid of lighting?" DJ asked me.

"No. I'm not. But-" I started but then this gave me an idea.

Lightning struck again. I pretended to be startled and jump.

"Or. I suppose it is a little frightening." I said, moving closer to DJ."I'm scared."

"Here. Sleep with me buddy. You'll be safe with me."

"This is coming from the guy that I have to constantly keep safe." I said.

"Do you want me to comfort you or not?" DJ asked.

"Okay. I'm coming."

Me and DJ layed down next to each other. DJ cuddled me in his chest.

/Derick:"It worked! I mean, I'm not usually the one to play the 'I am afraid' story, but that time it actually worked."\

I fell asleep, listening to the sound of his heartbeat.