Chapter 28: The Trip Back

***Warning! There is a Point of View change in this chapter!! Hope you all enjoy the next step in this story!***

ALEXIS P.O.V

There is no feeling like being on the back of a bike. The roar of the engine was almost deafening, and I loved it. I could feel the power of the bike underneath me with every twist of the throttle. The wind was cold was it whistled past my helmet as we cut through the traffic with the sun shining down on us. But nothing could wipe the grin off my face.

Before getting on the bike at the tower, I was a bit nervous, but Steve reassured me and helped me onto the bike before getting on as well. So with the wind whistling past me, I was sitting behind Steve, holding onto the sides of his jacket. Bucky was keeping up behind us on his bike, but I could hardly hear him over the roar of Steve's bike.

Pulling up at a red light, Steve and Bucky stop next to each other. I see Bucky look over and quickly wave at him before grabbing Steve's jacket again. Bucky smirks and gives me a wink before going back to watching the light.

The light turns green, and we are off again. We ride for another half an hour before pulling up outside a little cafe down a side street. Steve shuts the bike off and waits for me to clamber off.

"So, Alexis, how was that?" Steve asks as he puts the bike down on the stand and gets off his bike.

"That. Was. AMAZING!" I shouted, throwing my hands up. Steve and Bucky chuckled at my excitement. I grin and go to take off my helmet but struggle with the strap. Steve and Bucky watch me struggle with it for a moment before Steve takes pity on me. Kneeling down in front me, he tips my head back and swiftly undoes the straps and tugs the helmet off my head.

"Thanks," I grin and take the helmet from Steve. "The straps are a bit difficult to undo."

"Yea takes a while to get the hang of it," Steve agrees, as he takes off his own and begins walking over the cafe. I look over at Bucky who gestures for me to follow Steve and then follows behind. 

Catching up to Steve, I look around at the cafe. It was seemed to be stuck in time. Steve held open the door and gestured for me to go in first.

"Thanks, Steve." I look around and am immediately fell in love with it. It was obviously vintage. Turning back to Steve and Bucky, who had entered behind me. "Is this like it was before you got frozen?"

Steve smiled softly and took a look around. "Yeah, it is similar but not quite the same aye Buck?"

Bucky just stared around at everything, before slowly nodding. "Its Buck's first time here as well," Steve whispers to me, before leading me over to table with Bucky slowly following.

Sitting down, I ask, "How did you find this place?"

"Well, one day, I just needed to get out of the tower and went for a ride on my bike. I had no clear sense of where I was going, and somehow, I just ended up here. At first, I thought I was dreaming because I remember a similar cafe from back when Buck and I were younger. It was also around this area as well." Steve looked down at his hands and grinned. "When I walked in and heard that music, I actually pinched myself to make sure it wasn't a dream, and it wasn't. From then on anytime, I wanted to get out of the tower and get away from everything I come here."