Chapter 38: Meant to be Mine

***Well...here's the next one! Enjoy!***

***Alexis P.O.V.*** (During the last chapter)

Cold. It was deep into my bones. As I take another breath on my way to waking up, I feel a sharp pain shoot up my side. 'My ribs', the thought floats into my hazy mind. Groaning, I struggled to roll onto my back, so I could stop putting pressure on them. Moving my arm to push myself over, I swore I heard my bones creak at the effort of moving. 'Must've been asleep for a long time' I shrug internally. Placing my hand down, confusion races around my mind as I feel something hard. 'What the...'. Struggling to open my eyes, the first thing I am met with is grey.

"What?" I whisper, blinking rapidly, trying to dispel the blurriness from my eyes. I was looking at a grey wall in a grey room. "Where..?" As I slowly push myself up, I feel something fall off me. I see a ragged brown blanket, or rather a scrap of fabric, looking down at my lap. Staring around the room, I struggled to place together what was happening. 'What? I don't understand...Why aren't I at the tower?!' I think to myself. "Wait. The tower..."

Images flood into my mind. 'Shattered windows and a helicopter landing outside...watching Loki and Bucky fight the men back....hiding in the kitchen...hand clutching at my hair...pain searing through my scalp...Loki and Bucky staring at me in horror as I am held from them...Loki using magic to try and get to me...Bucky getting held down, trying to get out of the men's grip...Loki calling out to me...Getting shoved into the helicopter...A cloth getting held to my face...then nothing...'

"I...no...no..no no no no!" I mutter, hands gripping my hair. "I was taken," I whimper as I bring my knees to my chest. "Why was I taken?" Tears blurred my vision as I struggled to stay calm. The vice of panic was tightening around my chest as I struggled to get air into my lungs. My mind races as everything else just seems to fade to static. 'Why was I taken?! Where am I?! I want Tony. I wanna go back. I wanna go back home. Please. I just wanna feel safe again. Where...Why was I taken? Why can't I breathe!'

'Breath!' I yell at myself internally. I tighten my grip on my hair, trying to ground myself. 'Please let this be a dream. I just wanna go home. I just wanna go home. Let me go back to Papa. I wanna go home!'. Dizziness started to overwhelm me as panic had taken my ability to breathe. Soon, darkness overcame my mind, and I knew nothing more.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jerking awake, I quickly sit up. Hissing at the pull on my ribs, I frantically look around. 'Maybe it was a dream..' My thought dies down as I see that I was still surrounded by grey. Forcing myself to stay calm, I make myself take in my surroundings more. 'Panicking won't help me. I can't do that. I need to stay calm.' Closing my eyes, I force myself to take a deep breath, even with my ribs protesting the action. 'Okay. You're okay. You just need to stay calm.'

Brushing a hand through my hair, I finally start to become aware of the throbbing that seems to be surrounding my skull. Hissing in pain, I gently remove my hand from my head. 'When did that happen?' I wonder. 'Oh, right.' Memories of getting pulled by my hair from the tower and then gripping my hair during my panic attack. 'That probably explains that.'

Tears burn in my eyes as I finally take in the room that I was in. It reminded me of a cell. Concrete walls, floor and ceiling. A single lightbulb in the centre of the room casting a low cold light. I shiver at the eerie feeling it gives. In the corner of the room was a door. Standing up, I creep over to the door and push on it. It moved under my weight, and it opened to reveal a bathroom with just a shower and toilet. 'Well. At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about.' Letting the door fall shut, I turn and look around the room some more. There was only a thin mat on the floor in the corner. It had that scrap of fabric which I imagine was meant to be my bed, as well as no windows.