8:18pm (Company)

"Okay, Max, it's me again," Macy said, as she blew a strand of her hair out of her face, something she only did when her hands were full. The first thing I thought of was that she looked tired. Like she had been in the process of doing something and then had to abruptly change her course. And then, just like that, it occured to me. I have seen that look over a thousand times, when the school bus had run late, and Macy literally had to sprint to her first period class, bag and books in hand, to avoid missing the final bell.  I knew where Macy had been sitting in the last video. That small white room she was in? It was a bathroom.

   A bathroom on a bus.

   "If you understood what I was trying to say in the last video, you should be sitting in the iHop parking lot right now." I turned sideways, looking at Kelly. She was now sitting in the passenger's seat next me me, ready to go. I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about her tagging along. Or how Macy would feel about it, for that matter. But she was very persistent and would not take no for an answer. Hence her butt currently occupying my front seat.

   "You know, the one we went to that day with my Dad...," I turned my attention back to the video, trying to pay as much attention as I could to the small details behind Macy's head, and trying to think of where the hell she could be. "If you remembered one small detail about that day, you should have found the clue I left for you. These clues may aid slightly in helping you find me, Max. But mostly they are things I have written down and hidden in the hopes that you will find and read them. These are the things I never told you, Max. Things I realized I probably should have."

   Kelly reached over and paused the video. "Did you read it yet?" She asked, referring to the note I had found inside the napkin dispenser.

   "No," I said, because I hadn't and to be quite honest, I really didn't want to. At least not in front of Kelly. Up until now I had been able to react to these videos however I had seen fit. I didn't have to worry about what someone else would think, and this note from Macy was obviously very personal. I wasn't so sure I was ready to share it with anyone. These were meant for me, and me alone.

   "You should read it," Kelly said, sitting back lower in her seat and shrugging. "Before we keep watching this, it might help us find out where to go next."

   She did have a point. Macy did say these notes may aid us in finding her.

   "Don't worry, Maxwell. I won't peek," Kelly said, as she turned and looked out the window, away from me. 

   So, with that, I took a deep breath and reached into the pocket of my jeans, pulling out Macy's first clue. I couldn't help but take a quick, sideways glance at Kelly before I opened it up. Just incase.

   When he began to sing in the darkness, all I could think was that I wanted to hold your hand. This I know. 

   I re-read Macy's note several times, trying to make sense of it. When he began to sing? Who? When who began to sing? I don't remember Macy and I ever going to a concert. What was she trying to tell me? How was this a clue?

   "Well?" Kelly questioned, turning to look at me once more. "What does it say?"

   I passed the note over to her, hoping she may have better luck figuring out it's hidden message.

    "When who began to sing?" Kelly asked.

   "I have no idea," I responded, defeated. Just when I thought that maybe, just maybe, I would be able to blow through all of Macy's games and riddles, she found a way to stump me again.