13 | he cares for her

Start from the beginning

"It's important, to me at least, just to check if you have any shrewd motives"

"Shrewd motives?" he giggles more. "I have absolutely no motives as such." He stops and looks at her confused yet angry face. She looked so..cute.

"You know what, you are so cute when you are angry." She blushed furiously. "And before that can I ask you why you were so sassy when you met me for the first time?"

She was for a second blown away when Manik called her cute. It looked so strange yet soothing to hear it from him. "I am still the same, the difference is you are not"

"Nandini, time changes people, it changed me too. I have understood that you are the type of person who... With whom I can be friends with" He finished it. Though he didn't intend to say this, he was searching for the right words when he this slipped out.

"So now we are friends?" she chuckled.

Manik frowned. "I believe so"

Nandini shook her head at him fondly. "You are an antique piece. You know... You are a drama queen, so moody, I swear your wife's gonna suffer. You are arrogant, then friendly and then you suddenly threaten and at the end you call it friends."

He pouted cutely. "Okay, now tell me, will you say it?"

She observed him. His voiced was laced with curiosity, the desperation to know the truth. Hoping she doesn't regret it in future, she promises him.

"Okay, I'll say you when.. I feel it is the right time. Till then you have to stop bugging me for that. I'll definitely tell you, now that I have even promised I'll definitely tell you, but only when I feel, I need too"

He seemed satisfied. "Okay"

▬▬▬▬

After having dinner in a the same restaurant as the previous day Manik, Nandini and Harry were on their way back.

"Nandini, see Ice-skating" Manik pointed out of the window. "Shall we go?"

She stared at her watch. It was only 8:30, they finished their dinner off pretty soon.

"Of course, I have always wanted to go there, but.. " her voice trailed off as her gaze settled on Harry, who was fast asleep from all the activities and travelling. He was missing his normal nap and other activities.

"We'll take him too. While you go I'll take care of him and while I go you do it" they formed a plan.

"Okay"

The driver turned the other way and took them to the ice-skating place.

Manik took Harry in his arms while Nandini followed them. Her phone started buzzing all of a sudden. The Caller ID showed 'K' and her heart beat started to race.

Inspite of that she picked up the call.

"Hello? What do you want?" she spit.

"Helloo... Nandu Jaan. The answer is always the same. Where are you?"

"And the answer for that also remains the same. I said right, I will not tell? It's none of you business. Stay away!"

"Nandu jaan, see now you are annoying me. Before I myself come to trace you, you yourself say it"

"No asshole. No! You do whatever you want, you'll never find me."

"Bitch--"

She cut the call.