11 | he compliments her.

Sorry for the delay 😔 I was outside and couldn't finish it off and as usual, Read. Vote. Comment.

▬▬▬▬

11// he compliments her.

"And the boy and the girl lived happily ever after" Manik finished it off with the usual cliche climax. Harry was staring at him wide eyed. He was so captivated with his narrative.

"Batman! But what happened to that doggy? Why didn't they tell about it in the end?" Harry rolled his eyes and asked him cutely.

"Doggy? Er.." He seems to have forgotten that a dog existed in the story. "Oh yes! That doggy.. It also lived happily ever after."

Harry didn't seem satisfied. "But with whom?"

"With his doggy friend. " Manik lifted his to his ears trying to make it look like dog ears and made a cringy barking sound.

"Manik? What are you doing to my kid?" Nandini looked on incredulously, her chocolate brown eyes filled with amusement.

Manik was beyond embarrassed. "Can't you knock?" he grunted.

Nandini bit her bottom lip, trying to hide her smile. A action that didn't go missed by Manik. "How would I know you were trying to be a dog?"

Manik turned away. "You don't have to elaborate." He dismissed and looked at her.

She wore a simple pink gown with glitter all over it which ended just below her knee along with a black netted throw jacket. She finished her outfit with silver satin heels. 

"I'm not surprised that you are a fashion designer" he said in a voice she couldn't decipher.

Nandini stammered unaware what to say. He is behaving weirdly since the start of the journey. She is used to his arrogance not this.

"Er.. Er.. Thanks" She said finally.

"Mummy! I am sooo hungly! Can we go have dinnel?" Hardik asked meekly breaking their reverie.

"Come on Champ" Manik extended him his hand out of which Hardik holded one of this fingers. Such was their variation.

"Batman, Champ?" Harry rolled his lips. "Who is champ?"

"You are champ" he smiled.

"Me? Why?" he asked puzzled.

"Champ means Champion and Harry is also a champion right? So.."

Harry's face brightened. "Leally?" he nodded. Harry stared at Nandini and smiled cutely. "Then Mummy is also a Champ! Because she takes care of the home!" he said gleefully and clapped his hands.

Nandini's eyes welled up and a proud smile formed in her lips. Manik smiled at her.

"Good boy Champ" he took him out of the room.

Nandini followed them.

▬▬▬▬

"I want cheese gallic toast!" Harry demanded. Manik and Nandini were sitting on the either sides of harry while he sat in a high chair to match their level.

They had come to a multi cuisine restaurant near their hotel. It was a 5 star restaurant which Manik's team had booked for the tour. It was exquisite. There were private tables well as open garden ones giving a choice to the customer.

They had chosen a open garden table which had a breathtaking fountain opposite it.

Harry was instantly its fan.