09 | he is changing

Helloo peeps! 🙈🙈 My temporary hiatus has gone way too big. But all is well that ends well and here I am as promised, with this story. Since, it has been a while that I updated this story, I am putting below a short recap of all the significant events that happened so that all of you could come in tune with the current happenings.

(RECAP: Manik Malhotra is a man full of ego and arrogance. His I-don't-give-a-damn attitude pisses off everyone. Nandini Murthy on other hand is a free-spirited and feisty lady. She is a famous fashion designer and mother to a toddler Hardik, whom she fondly calls as Harry. Now their worlds collide when fate brings them together for a contract for their companies. At first everything is fight of fork and spoons which ultimately leads to cancellation of their deal. But later in the persuasion of their boss's and their jobs at stake, Manik and Nandini decide to strike the deal. Further both try to warm up to each other for the sake of keeping up the deal through a series of taunts and comebacks when in a turn of events Nandini reveals that she has a son. When Manik asks about the father, she cries, scoffs at him and leaves. Deeply perturbed by this, for the first time in his life Manik tries to redeem himself and sends her a rose bouquet. Nandini becomes deeply amused by this and they start to develop some sort of a camaraderie. Further now Manik and Nandini decide to go to Manali along with her son Harry to work on the deal.)

Continues below. I am not sure if the summary was crisp and to the point, but I hope I have included all the important notes and done it justice.
______

09// he is changing

.....

"MALHOTRA! SLOW DOWN MAN, It's difficult to match you" Nandini half jumped and half walked with all the luggage as she tiredly followed him behind.

"Well, No one can match me!" Manik smirked. "That's why I am the boss".

Nandini rolled her eyes at him. "Shut up!" She tried to walk faster. Manik was just so... Big, so tall, with his taut muscles and that dominating air, and she was small petite, like a fragile doll. For every one step he took, she had to jump two and above all this luggage.

Even though he was carrying one it didn't help much, she had to pull two suitcases, which was irritating since both them either bumped on her leg or smashed against each other, and then she would sort them out and start pulling again, Manik would have walked a kilometer. Such was her condition!

"Manik please walk slow at least, it's hard catching up with you." Nandini put down the suitcase and stood with her hands on her hips, exhaling deeply.

Manik stopped and turned around. With his usual smirk he said "Are you tired? So easily? It's not even a mile we have walked. We have to go ahead so much"

"I know that! Very well in fact, and that's why I am telling you to lift this luggage." She huffed

"It's not like I am going free handed." He lifted the suitcase high. High that it matched perfectly with his shoulder. "See this? Plus I have harry with me and I can walk fast too" He smiled mockingly. "So it's your fault"

Nandini glared at him. "So you are not going to lift this?"

Manik made a sympathetic face. "No" he said with a smile. He was enjoying this, it has become his hobby to irritate her and the reactions which she gave back were certainly worth it. But little did he notice the slow smug smile forming in her face.

"Alright" She pulled up the suitcase and turned the other way, the way they came in. Manik narrowed his eyes.

"Batman! Whele is mumma going? Mumma!" It didn't strike him that he had harry until this. The second she moved the other way harry started jumping and sobbing in his grip.