Chapter 33

01.11.1988 - New Jersey

Richie's point of view

I woke up with Jonny on top of me, laying on the backseat of my car. As I remembered last night, Jonny and me making out in the car which had thankfully tinted windows, a song popped up in my head. It was Wild in the streets. "Oh yeah, we we're cruising to the backbeat... Oh yeah, making love in the backseat... We we're wild, wild in the streets", I sang quietly, making Jonny wake up slowly. "Hey babe", he whispered after locking his eyes on mine. "Hey sweetie, didn't mean to wake ya", I whispered softly, running a hand through his long, wavy hair. "It's fine babe, I love to wake up to your beautiful voice", he replied and I smirked, pecking his nose jokingly. "Love uuuuu", he trailed off giggling, and I smirked even more, wrapping my arms tightly around him once again. "Love you too baby", I whispered and he kissed my lips softly, then caressing my cheek lovingly. Suddenly someone banged on the window. We shot up straight, almost hitting our heads on the low ceiling of the car. "Fuck...", I mumbled and looked at Jon, who was looking worried and confused. We finally parted, me scooting closer to the door and opening it. Outside there was standing Vince. "Hey Rich, just wanna talk to Jon for a sec if that's ok with you" "Of course, Jonny, Vince wants to talk to you", I said as soon as I had turned my head to face my lover. "Okay, I'll come out!", he replied and left the car, trotting to the wall of Dave's house on which Vince was leaning by now. They talked for a while and were smiling at each other, something that made the jealousy come up in my body. Relax, they're just friends. They don't seem like friends, they seem to be more! Stop it, Richard! I finally took a deep breath and looked somewhere else, waiting for Jon to come back.

He finally did and the beautiful smile was still plastered on his face. "Hey Jonny, what did he say?", I asked and got into the drivers seat, gesturing him to sit down next to me. "He asked if we would like to be part of the all star jam session in a couple of weeks", Jon replied and faced me, an asking look in his eyes. "Well, yes I would like to join, what did you say to him?" "I said that we would be happy to join", he whispered and leaned his head against my shoulder, closing his beautiful eyes for a moment. I started to smile at the sight of his cuteness and finally drove off to my parent's house, Jonny's hand on my thigh the whole ride. It was hard to concentrate on driving for me, but I somehow managed to get the two of us save to our destination. When we both had gotten out of the car, I wrapped one arm around Jon's waist and guided him to the front door. I was just about to knock on the door, as it opened and revealed my dad. "Oh, hey boys. Just come in, Joan is on the couch in the living room", Adam said and we smiled at him, me leading Jon inside, still not removing my hand from his waist. Just before we reached the living room, Jonny looked up at me with that beautiful angel-smile and tangled his hands in my hair, pulling my head a little down. "I love you so much, sweetie", he whispered silently against my lips and finally pressed his to them, soft and loving. "Love you too, babes", I replied after we parted and opened the living room door. "Hey, my little honey bunny! And hey Jon!", my mom yelled as she saw us, me blushing awkwardly at her name for me. Suddenly something little and furry climbed up my leg, letting me know that our little baby had noticed us.

I chuckled and picked Cookie up, letting him snuggle deep into my arms and bury his head in the crook of my neck. "Awe, baby had missed his dad", Jon whispered and smiled at us, leaning his head lightly against my shoulder. "My two favorite young men, please take a seat", mon said after a while and we nodded, sitting down on the couch from earlier. "So, how was the party?", she asked and we smiled, me blushing slightly. "Well, great. We had a lot of fun", Jon replied, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. My mom shot me a knowing glance and I blushed heavily, facing the little animal which was curled up into a ball and sleeping on my lap. "How did Cookie behave, mum?" "Well, he was a really good little boy, he slept most of the time and we went for a walk with him every few hours, like you said. I really love my first grandchild", mom said while laughing, standing up and going over to one of the bookshelves which were standing next to the door. "Jon?", she waved. "Yes Joan?", my lover asked. "Wanna see some pictures of Richard when he was little?" "Nooo, please mom!", I tried desperately and embarrassed. "Well, I would love to see them!", Jonny replied instead and stuck his tongue out at me. I sighed and wrapped one arm around him, laying my head down on his shoulder and watching my mum coming back to us with a big photo album in her hands. She then settled down on the couch next to us and opened the book, showing Jon the pictures on the first page. "Well, this is me when I was pregnant with him, and... look! Here's Richard when he was just born, isn't he cute?" Jonny's lips escaped a soft 'awe' and I blushed as he turned to me and placed a kiss on my cheek.