Chapter four-Nightpaw

AN: So......it's been a long time since I've done anything on Wattpad, and I'm not sure if anyone would even read any of my stories anymore but I've decided that I at least wanted to publish the rest of this story, so, here it is.

Nightpaw sulked as Sunleaf scolded him.

"She attacked me!" he retorted.

"You still shouldn't have fought back!" the deputy growled.

"I've got scratches that are bleeding on my chest, back and nose! I was defending myself!" Nightpaw snarled, losing his temper with Sunleaf.

"You should have known better! You could've walked away, or not have provoked her in the first place!" Sunleaf yelled, stepping toward Nightpaw.

Nightpaw scoffed. "I didn't provoke her!"

"Don't lie! I've heard some of the things you've said to her! Now go get your wounds looked at in the medicine den."

Nightpaw fought the urge to continue arguing with the deputy and stalked off into the camp clearing. He noticed Flowerpaw exiting the medicine den with cobwebs stuck to her ear and flanks. He felt proud of himself for giving her those wounds, but a twinge of guilt hit him when he thought that. He shook the thought away and shot a glare of pure hatred at Flowerpaw as she padded past him with Beetleclaw, Brightsun and Cherrypaw. He could see her fur bristling and he desperately wanted to swipe her tail as it lashed in front of his face, but he pushed the urge away and squeezed into the medicine den. Beepaw was in there, sorting herbs. Maplefur must have been out of camp.

"Hey, Beepaw," Nightpaw greeted his brother. The ginger-and-black medicine cat apprentice turned around and relief flooded his eyes.

"For a moment I thought Flowerpaw was back," Beepaw told Nightpaw as he grabbed some marigold. "She wasn't lying when she said you were in worse shape," Beepaw commented as he saw the blood clumping in Nightpaw's fur.

"Oh come on! She took me by surprise!" Nightpaw defended himself.

"She's still got sharp claws," Beepaw meowed, starting to chew the marigold. After turning it into a pulp, he spat it onto his paws and started to rub it into Nightpaw's scratches on his chest.

"As long as you don't say that I started it," Nightpaw grumbled.

"You did," Beepaw said simply.

Nightpaw stared at his brother, shocked. "What? How did I start it?"

"I've seen the way you treat her," Beepaw meowed, rubbing more poultice into the scratches on Nightpaw's back. "You call her names, go out of your way to insult her and you're the one who unsheathed your claws during training."

"But she's so annoying! She gets in everyone's way!" Nightpaw retorted angrily.

"Okay then, if you think that's a good reason to be a rude mouse-brain," Beepaw meowed calmly, applying the last of the marigold poultice to Nightpaw's slashed nose.

"Ow!" Nightpaw jumped away as the ointment stung him, and he tried desperately not to rub his nose.

Beepaw chuckled, making Nightpaw even more annoyed.

Everyone always blames me! Even my brother!

Nightpaw stormed out of the medicine den angrily, not even waiting for Beepaw to put cobwebs on his wounds. He just wanted some air, and a cramped split in a rock that smelled of herbs was not helping. In the camp clearing, cats looked at him as soon as he stepped out of the medicine den. His mother, Juniperleaf, padded up to him. Her eyes were filled with worry, but also disappointment. Without saying a word, she leaned down and sniffed at his wounds. She straightened up, looked into the medicine den, then back at him.