Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

But I regret nothing, I love Haliegh to death and the fact that my little man and tiny princess will be here soon thrills me and scares the shit out of me. It terrifies me that I will have two tiny humans that will depend on me for everything. Even as a leader of 1400 people, raising two little babies is completely different.

We pull into the parking lot of the conference hall.

Cars fill the parking lot but I made sure to have Tyler or Greg this morning stick out cones in a spot closest to the building so that Haliegh doesn't have to walk too far.

Haliegh and I walk into the hall. Thankfully everyone finding their seats.

Haliegh's POV

Once the ceremony is over, Mason and I spend the next couple hours shaking hands and saying our thank yous to everyone.

Ellie and the ladies are handing out cake and ice cream.

I find myself close to the exit while Mason was still answering questions that pack members have.

I find a seat and steal it. My feet hurt so badly. I slip my shoes off and wiggle my feet and the cramping and aches start to happen.

"Look at what we have here." A bitchy voice says from above me. I look up and find Tessa and Whitney standing in front of me.

"What do you need? I really don't want to deal with you two and your drama today!" I snap back.

They glare at me.

"Ya know I'm still trying figure out how Mason ended up with the worst mate ever. I mean really who would want to ever be mated to you? You're pathetic, clumsy, quiet, whore. I bet those aren't even Mason's babies." Tessa says.

"Tessa watch your-"

"Oh wait the whore actually has a voice. I bet Mason only uses you for the sex and once you give birth you'll be gone. Disappear like you don't even exist. Just like before." Whitney sneers.

"YOU WILL STOP NOW." I shout. I start to feel my wolf awake and she's pissed off. I feel my wolf take over and take control of the whole situation. 

"I DO NOT CARE THAT YOU INSULT ME BUT IF YOU EVER INSULT MY MATE OR CHILDREN AGAIN, I WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU BOTH GET YOUR ASSES KICKED OUT OF THIS PACK. AND THAT YOU BOTH HAVE TO BEG TO BE ACCEPTED INTO A PACK, EVEN YOUR OWN MATE'S PACK. YOU BOTH ARE NOTHING BUT BULLIES. I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO KEEP THIS ATTITUDE UP. IN FACT IF ANYONE IN THIS PACK DECIDES THAT THEY FEEL LIKE BULLYING IS THE ANSWER, WELL YOU ALL ARE IN A FOR A RUDE AWAKENING. I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANYMORE BULLYING IN THIS PACK. AS OF RIGHT NOW YOU'RE BOTH STRIPPED OF EVERY SINGLE RIGHT INCLUDING SHIFTING. YOU WILL BOTH BE ON KITCHEN DUTY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE." I yell at them. Mason is there immediately.

"Haliegh, honey you need to calm down. You can't shift babe. Think about the twins." Mason whispers to me.

I relax into his embrace. Peace over comes me.

"Masy you're really going to let her scream at me." Tessa says.

"Tessa, Whitney be lucky she's already punished you. Because you insulted my fiance and my children, I would have banished you. Be lucky that my mate gave you a second chance. You will follow everything that she has said and if you don't, pack your shit and get off this land." Mason tells them.

Mason turns to look at everyone.

"WHAT HALIEGH SAYS GOES FROM NOW ON. AS IT SHOULD HAVE EVEN BEFORE, THIS CEREMONY!" Mason tells everyone. They all bow their heads.

"Haliegh let's get you out of here." Mason whispers to me, as he leads me out of the room.

I'm suddenly so tired and all I want to do is curl up with Mason in bed and sleep.

I let Mason lead me straight to the Jeep.

Mason's POV

Haliegh is curled up around me, passed out.

~Mason, everything is taken care of. Haliegh did amazing tonight. She handled Tessa and Whitney like a pro. However their parents would like to talk to you and Haliegh.~ Tyler mind links me.

*They can wait until next week. We have the dinner tomorrow the girls are going shopping on Friday, and Saturday and Sunday are when Colten and Nolan are planning on leaving.*

~Monday 3 pm?~ Tyler asks me.

*Yeah that works. Tyler tell them she's not letting up on their punishment. That if that's what they want to call this meeting for then they are wasting their time.*

~Good. I will speak with them.~

I'm so proud of Haliegh for standing up for herself tonight. She needed to be able to stand up for herself and now the pack knows that their Luna is powerful.

For Tessa and Whitney to insult Haliegh at an Alpha Ceremony is crazy. They have some real balls.

~How's my daughter doing?~ Charles pops into my mind link.

*She's asleep. Finally calmed down.*

~Well her brothers are ready to kill Tessa and Whitney.~

*Tell them to stay calm for now. I need everyone here on Monday at 3 pm. We have a meeting with Tessa, Whitney and their families. *

~They'll be there.~ I close off my links except for Haliegh and Tyler's and fall asleep next to my mate.

Haliegh is still asleep when I get up in the morning.

I shower and head downstair in a pair of gym shorts.

Colten and Nolan join me in the kitchen as I start making my coffee, Haliegh's hot chocolate and breakfast.

"How's Haliegh doing?" Colten asks me.

"Still asleep. How's Ashley and Nova?"

"Passed out. We all drank a little too much last night."

I laugh.

"A little?" I ask as I put coffee cups in front of them.

"Maybe a lot. Okay that third bottle of tequila was not a good idea. But Tyler and Axel are horrible influences when it comes to drinking."

"Oooo... Yeah Tyler and Axel are a bad combo but even worse are Carlos and Fred. Those two will get you fucked up. I remember being 16 and I thought I was going to die."

"Haliegh's got some damn good brothers."

"That she does. They all love her to death though. I don't think that there was ever a moment last night that they weren't talking about her or how great Haliegh is." Colten says.

"Yeah Haliegh loves them too. There was a time not that long ago that if you asked her, she would have told you that her brothers were all assholes and that she strongly disliked them." I tell the guys as I start making a crap load of food.