Missed / Roger

2nd Roger prompt
I'm tired so expect mistakes. Please point them out to me.

"I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified."

Roger was your best friend. You two had been around each other since you were born. Everything you did was always together. There was basically no separation between you. It was almost unhealthy.

When Roger began to get distant from you it broke your heart. You didn't know why. He just had a hard time talking to you. He could hardly look you in the eye. He would often turn his head or put his hands over his face. You felt broken.

Roger was always still around though. You were friends with all of the members of Queen so you constantly saw him. A few times you thought you could see him staring at you. You would look over and he would look somewhere else as fast as he could with a blush. You decided to ask Freddie what he thought about it because you knew Roger wouldn't tell you.

"Fred, can I talk to you?" You asked before he could leave the studio.

"Sure. What's wrong, darling?"

"It's just... Roger."

Freddie sighed. "What's wrong with him now?" You looked up. "You haven't noticed? He never talks to me anymore. We used to be connected at the hip." Freddie put his hand to his forehead. He let out a breath. "It's because he-" Freddie stopped. "I can't tell you."

"Why not? I want to know what's wrong with him."

"It's up to him to tell you. Ask him. Believe me, it's not your fault."

You let out a sigh. "Thanks, Freddie." He hummed and pulled you into a hug before leaving. You fell back against the wall and slowly slid down it. You held your head in your hands and thought hard.

What exactly was he keeping from you? Did he find a new girl and he was to afraid to tell you? Was he tired of you in general? You had no idea. You knew you wouldn't be able to sleep without finding out what the problem was so you drove to Roger's house.

——————————-@ Roger's————————

You walked up to the front door quietly. There was a whole battle going on in your mind. You didn't know if you had enough courage to knock. You let your head fall forward and it banged loudly on the door. You jumped back and almost made a run for it when you heard footsteps. You decided to just stay because you were far to tired to put in the effort.

Roger immediately smiled when he saw you at his doorstep but quickly tried to hide it. None of it went unnoticed by you. "Hey, Rog. Can we talk?" He didn't say a word. He only motioned for you to come in. You walked past him and went straight to the kitchen. You sat at the barstool he had and turned to him.

"You've got some explaining to do."

"What've I done this time?" Roger asked.

"Lots." You mumbled to yourself.

Roger sat down beside you with a confused look on his face. He stayed silent again. Neither of you said anything. You wanted to hold your tongue before you started letting all of your anger out but the longer you sat still, the more anger you felt. You couldn't handle it.

You pushed him over. He fell off the barstool with a yelp but caught himself quickly. "What is your problem?" He yelled.

"What is your problem?" You yelled right back.

"I don't have one!" He snapped. (That's right. He's perfect obviously) "You're the one who pushed me."

Finally, you broke. Tears streamed down your face. This was the longest conversation you'd had with him in months and it was a screaming match.

Roger gasped. He moved over to you and wrapped you tightly in his arms. He held you close to his chest. "Please don't cry... pl-please.." his voice broke. You looked up at his face to see tears in his eyes.

You pulled away. "I'm sorry. We just haven't even talked in so long. You've been so distant, Roger." He sighed and backed even farther from you. "I don't want to talk about this, Y/N." He tried walking away.

You lunged forward and grabbed his arm. "No. Stop doing this. Talk to me. I want us to talk like we used to. I want you to trust me like you used to." Roger only looked at his feet. "Why can't you look me in the eye? Why don't you talk to me? What did I do wrong?"

Roger looked up quickly. "You think it's your fault?" He asked, quietly.

"Well, what else am I supposed to think? Why else would you avoid me?"

"I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified."

Your hand flew to your mouth. "You don't mean that." He shook his head with an unamused chuckle. "Oh but I do." You looked at your feet, unsure of what to do.

"Why are you terrified?" You whispered.

"I've never been in love. I don't want to be hurt."

"I wouldn't hurt you. If anything, you'd be the one to hurt me. I don't want to be another one of your one-night stands."

Roger walked over to you. He cupped your face in his hands gently. "You are so much more to me than a one night stand." You couldn't meet his eyes. "Now who's the one who can't look the other in the eye?" He joked.

You looked up with a slight blush. "You know what? I don't think I love you." Your heart shattered. Of course he didn't. It didn't make sense that he would in the first place. "I know I love you." Butterflies immediately filled you.

"I love you, Y/N." He said with a small smile. He leaned down and gently pressed a kiss to your cheek.

(Cliche warning ⚠️)

"You missed." You muttered.

"What?"

"You missed." You said again before pressing your lips to his.

A/N- I'm so sorry. I've been so unmotivated lately. I'm also doing a bunch of testing. I can't get my mind to focus while writing. The next chapter will be out soon hopefully.