12 | she compliments him

Start from the beginning

"Mumma, it's all mine" Nandini's gaze went from Harry to Manik.

"But, why?"

Manik shrugged. He himself was surprised. "My team seems to have put extra efforts for their boss" he smirked.

"Get down your high horse" She rolled her eyes at him. "Anyway, you can go and have a check while I put him to sleep."

Manik waved Harry a bye which he repeated, with that he left the room.

▬▬▬▬

"So, I can guarantee that if you partner with us, your clothing line will rise and fly." Nandini said confidently in her businesswoman tone.

She had prepared a 40-minutes presentation where she explained Malhotra industries trading business, it's shareholders, it's reputation in the market and it's future growth prospects. The investors asked her a few questions to which Nandini answered gracefully and to the point.

"But, sensing you have not dived into the fashion line, how can we expect you it to be a success." one of the clients quipped.

"Sir, until we don't experiment we'll never know anything, same goes with this. But considering our company, I can assure you success at because whatever we do; we do it to our best and that's why we have climbed the ladder fast."

The clients were impressed and they gave it a nod. Manik too was quite happy and content with the way she handled the meeting. He shook hands with them and finalised other details.

"Though you have turned down to do a kids line, I would love to collaborate again when you do." they said.

"Sure" Manik shook his hand.

"Mumma! Batman!" Harry came in the conference room dragging his Teddy along.

Nandini's eyes went wide. Manik was shook. The clients looked at him as if they have found a piggy bank full of gold coins.

"This baby would make a awesome kid model" one of them exclaimed.

"I am not a baby, I am a boy" He pouted angrily.

The client looked on astonished. "Okay, so what is your name?"

"My name is Haldik Multhy! My Mumma's name is Nandini Multhy" He narrated cutely.

"So, Hardik, will you like to be a child model?" he asked him.

Harry didn't know what to do and stared ahead at his mom. Nandini shaked her head and mouthed a 'No'. Manik was constantly observing her. He could sense her hesitation.

"No" he said.

The investors looked on a bit sad. "Okay, at this moment I think you are not ready, but we will see when you become a bit old" He ruffled his hair and left the conference room.

"Mumma! I want milk" he pulled Nandini's dress.

Nandini took him in her arms. "Sure. But why did you come here?"

Harry started off animatedly. "Mumma I had a dream, I saw big big stars falling on the earth, and fireflies too, I got scared!" he shuddered.

Nandini hugged him closely and hushed him. "It's okay bacha, mom is here" she patted his back warmly.

Manik smiled at them. "Nandini you bring him to the car, I'll get milk."

"You will do that for me?" Nandini asked him teasingly.

Manik rolled his eyes at her. "I am doing it for Harry, not for you" he smiled at her in a mocking way.

Nandini giggled and took her phone from the table before leaving.

Manik went to the restaurant and ordered milk. He messaged his dad about the success of getting the deal and informed him that he will come home as soon as possible.

The waiter soon gave him his order which he took and left.

▬▬▬▬

Manik was in his room, getting back to his regular clothes. It was a eventful day till now, Nandini helped him crack the deal.

Sure enough he is very much impressed with her. She had shut every one with to the point answers.

Harry was just an icing on the cake. If they ever start a kids line, he could easily sign any deal with them, provided Nandini agreed. He wanted to give her enough freedom to choose. After all he is her child.

Coming back to Kunal Murthy, he is getting anxious now. He just hopes he finds it out soon.

Phone buzzes. It's not his ringtone. It is Nandini's. They have the same brand of phones and same covers too, they might have exchanged it while getting down.

He casually looked at the caller ID. It was saved as 'K'.

Could it be Kunal? He was getting curious to take it.

No, he should not. It's her personal matter.

"Manik, our phones seems to have exchanged." Nandini entered his room at the same time. She heard her phone ringing and went to pick it.

She was shocked when she saw 'K' she immediately cut his call, but it seemed more like it went off from ringing. It didn't go missed by Manik.

"Err.. Here have it" she gave him his phone and went to the door.

Manik couldn't hold it anymore. He wanted to know the secret. "Nandini, wait a second" he said sternly and she stopped at her tracks.

She turned around. "What?"

"Who is that 'K'?"

Nandini froze. That's the only question she doesn't want to answer. No, she can't do it. Very guiltily she replied. "Manik, I respect you" She turned to him and looked straight at his eyes. "But, sorry I can't say it and it's none of your business."

She turned away from him.

"It's might not be my business, but I'll definitely find out" he said challengingly.

Nandini gave him a lopsided smile and left. Only her insides knew how scared she was now.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thank you for the overwhelming response. I am so happy:)

I'll do an update if we beat 150+ this time. What say? Come on guys show your Manan power ♥

P. S. Isn't everything going smooth. It shouldn't be going right? 🙄 Why I smell something?

#okaythanksbye