26

As Master Frown sent Brock back to their apartment and reached the Doom Lords' evil lair, he knocked the front door and went in.

Master Frown gulped. Who knows what will happen next.

As Master Doom turned on the lights, Master Frown saw everybody looking at him sternly and fiercely.

Master Frown knew he's in trouble.

"I doubted you, Frown." Master Doom started. "I thought you'll impress me."

"D-D-Didn't I...?" Master Frown asked bravely.

"Guys," Master Doom called the other Doom Lords. "Tell him what you've did today."

"I locked up every kid's family in a cage and forced them to give me all of their savings." said Master Malice.

"I burnt down ten rows of shops." Master Hazard continued.

"I stole fifty bags of cash." continued Master Misery.

"I gave everybody nightmares." Master Fear continued.

"I plucked a strand of everybody's hair." Master Pain continued.

"I gave everybody bird flu." boasted Master Plague.

"Master Frown?" Master Doom asked him smugly.

"I..." Master Frown was afraid. "I knocked over some juice, stole some books, tripped over some kids, and stepped on some toes."

As everybody but Master Papercuts, who was looking at him with pitiful eyes, laughed, Master Frown looked down in embarrassment.

"Oh boy, Frown!" Master Doom tried to control herself. "Well, don't you feel down, this is your first day! I'm sure you'll do better next time! You did make Princess Rainbow Sparkle Cat mad like heck, and you did do various jerk deeds. So, I'mma spare you today. Well, it is kinda my fault for telling you to do anything about the kingdom- so...yeah, I have myself to blame too."

"Thank you for sparing me, Master Doom," Master Frown thanked his boss. "I promise to do better next time..."

Master Doom glared at him with a sigh.

"Well," she said. "From today onwards, each of you will be in charge of a specific place. Malice- Peace Valley, Hazard- Candy Corn Kingdom, Misery- Delight Village, Fear- Morning Glory, Pain- Sunshine Town, Plague- Smilesmore, and Frown- the Unikingdom. Got it?"

"Yes, Master Doom." The Doom Lords saluted as they replied to their master.

The rest of the Doom Lords returned to their homes a little later as Master Pain and Master Plague approached Master Frown.

"Keep it up, Frown." Master Pain encouraged. "You have our support."

"Yep," Master Plague continued. "Friends forever, remember?"

"Thank you," Master Frown thanked them, still rather surprised at their sudden caring attitude. "You guys do your best too, see ya' tomorrow at work."

The two of them waved Master Frown goodbye as they left, holding their heads as if they had a headache.

Master Frown watched them as they left, as a suspicious look appeared on his face.

Master Frown quickly brushed it off as he saw Master Doom sitting on her seat, with a rather sad look on her face.

Taking a deep breath, Master Frown approached his boss.