Into The Misaka-verse

Magsimula sa umpisa

Mikoto went pale and looked away. "Th.. that's a lot of blood.. "

"It's actually quite shallow.. don't worry.. hold on.."

After Mikoto returned to human form, Mordred took off Mikoto's shirt and set to work bandaging her up..

Mikoto couldn't help but feel embarrassed that Mordred was seeing her with her shirt off, and covered her chest, her face feeling hot. She shouldn't feel this way.. they were both girls after all.. what did she have to be embarrassed about?

"I swear.." Mordred grumbled. "Every time I turn around, you either get kidnapped, beat to a pulp, experimented on, weaponized by evil scientists, screwed by bullshit relatives.. one of these days I'm gonna wrap you in bubble wrap and put a gps chip on you.."

"Thanks Helicopter Master.." said Mikoto with a smirk.

"That actually a term?" said Mordred.

"Maybe it should be." said Mikoto. "You're a good friend.. but you can be overprotective.."

Mordred sighed. "Er.. well.. I'll be honest.. losin' you would put me in quite a pickle.. who'd be around to keep me in line?"

"..." Mikoto went silent. She thought about Touma.. then about Mordred.. never had she felt so torn..

"Alright.." Mordred said, pulling Mikoto's shirt back down over her head. "That'll do for now.. till we can find a real doctor.. least this kinda thing always held together when the Round Table was on a quest and we didn't have a healing mage with us. "

"Mordred.." Mikoto said, her face turning pinker and pinker.. "There's.. something I'm not sure how to say it... but.."

"Yeah?" Mordred asked.

Before Mikoto could say what was on her mind.. a loud clang was heard.. as a kitchen pot was seen clattering outside the door..

"WHOSE THERE!?" Saber roared, igniting Excalibur.

"Please.. don't harm me!" Hissed a voice. "Nerghal means no harm... Nerghal is good lizard... Nerghal is good thing.. yesssss.."

"Ner... who..?" Mordred muttered. 

From the shadows.. a shape slithered out.. a small hooded figure.. beady yellow eyes burned bright from under the shadowy hood. "you... you Servants.. you not bad people.. you all Servants.. hmm.. Nerghal feels conflicted... there can be bad servants.. yes.. Nerghal knows.."

Saber lowered her sword carefully and looked at the others.

"His mana is there, but it's low.. he's no threat.. not a conceivable one at least.. " said Mash. "Who are you?"

"He's Nerghal apparently.." said Mikoto. 

"He's a Wraith Familiar.." said Stacy. "The Mage Association keeps them around.. they're rare.. and they aren't summoned like typical familiars.. they are found and captured.. when captured they become loyal to the mage that caught them.."

"And.. they... do what exactly?" Mordred muttered as Nerghal slithered closer and began sniffing Mordred's hip like a strange dog of some sort. 

"Prophecy girl!" hissed Nerghal. "PROPHECY!! We see things.. oh yes.. past.. present.. future.. in all universes.. multiverses.. our visions speak of things..  and Nerghal is Mage Association's greatest wraith... they lock Nerghal away for many years.. here in Academy Dungeon.. but finally.. Nerghal is FREEE... door unlocked..  Nerghal sneak out.. nobody here.. Nerghal have fun time!"

"They locked you away?" Mikoto said gently, frowning. "Why?"

"Nerghal knew things.. had visions other wraiths didn't... visions about... about.. "