two

The sound of heels clicking against the hardwood began to get closer as Oliver fixed his eyes on the harsh glow of the TV. The boy let out a small chuckle as he watched the show 'friends', which he had only discovered tonight when he'd found a quiet room. It wasn't that Oliver didn't like the Cullen's. In fact, he thought they were all really lovely; but people got too much for him sometimes.

"One of the best things that came from the 90s" The sound of Rosalie's voice made Oliver turn his head only for a second before his brown eyes went back towards the screen.

"Tv is a lot better than it use to be"Oliver told her, his side view watching as the tall girl moved closer to the couch.

"Mind if I sit?"Oliver moved his head towards Rose, his face holding an expression she couldn't exactly read as she sat down.

"So, I don't get it. They were together and now their not?"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"Well, they had a fight, and the girl said they should take a break, and then he slept with someone else, which is why the guy always screams 'we were on a break'" Rose said, pointing to both of the characters as they appeared on the screen.

"That's stupid," Oliver said to her, pausing as he took a breath in before he continued, but Rose was sure she knew what he'd say; the classic boy response.

"If he really loved her the way he claims too, he never would have even look at another girl"Rose felt as if she was at a loss of words for a moment, that was not the response she'd been expecting with the boys of today.

"You're right. It was a big debate when the show was live, I'm sure it still is with all the reruns"Rose explained to him, which made his eyes go wide.

"I guess I've missed a lot in 20 years"Oliver admited, which made the girl scrunch her eyebrows at him.

"What do you mean? Don't you integrate with your town?"

"No, not so much. Peter and Morgan do though. I'm sure they'd know a lot more about about this horrendous relationship than I would"Oliver told her, chuckling as the next episode began to play, the theme song making him bop is head slightly.

"So you don't go to high school? You don't do any of that stuff?"Rose asked, the corners of her lips tilting downwards as he shook his head 'no'.

"University, but that's about it. Even then I don't pay attention to much. Headphones have become a must to leave the house" He informed her, making her look at him impressed as she nodded her head. Opening her mouth to say something, her vocal cords made a small sound before she closed them, her thick lips pressing together in a line.

Turning off the tv with the remote and placing it on the seat next to him, Oliver moved his body to sit facing her, soft yellow pillow on his lap as his arm rested against the back of the couch; their eyes locking.

"What is it you'd like to know blondie?"Oliver asked, a small smile coating his lips to let her know he was simply joking with the name.

Moving to sit the way he was, there was only a small open space between the two of them as Rose rested her head in the palm of her hand, her elbow resting on the back of the couch.

"How come?"

"Well, if I tell you all the good stuff now, what's gonna make you come back?"He said to her, sarcasm dripping in his voice which made her break out in a slight smile. Giving him a look with one of her eyebrows raised, he nodded his head.

"I'm not a huge people person. Everything I felt before I was turned has been magnified, frozen in a way, and so now I'm even less of a people person. It's fun to watch from the sidelines though Morgan is a grade one teacher, and though she loves working with little guys, she's got little to no mothering traits. Peter works as a fireman, which is cool in its own sense because I swear people get an adrenaline rush just by listening to his stories"

"But what about you?"Rose asked him, which she regretted right away as watched Olivers face turn to look taken back.

"Besides getting multipul degress, I'm the boring one in the family"Oliver joked, making Rose laugh slightly as she nodded her head, getting a feeling that she shouldn't push the topic any farther.

"Trust me, If anyone understands that, it's me"Rose told him, making him smile at her before the conversation took off from there, neither of them stopping until the sun came up.

"You seem to be chatty lately" Morgan winked to him as he walked into the kitchen, watching as the younger boy rolled his eyes at her clearly.

"I mean, she's cute, go for it" Morgan added, making Oliver let out a deep chuckle that came from the back of his throat.

"Thanks for the green light mom, but no. We are going home in three days, it's unrealistic. And thanks to you, I've seen multiple storylines as to why it ended badly" Oliver told her, this time making her laugh as Peter entered, his arms finding her waist right away, almost like magnets.

"Are they still hunting?"Oliver's brother asked, only receiving a nod as the youngest began looking through today's copy of Forks Daily.

"I don't understand why people can't write these days. These arictles are horrible"Oliver commented, making Peter laugh.

"Well, if we moved here, you could write them better"Morgan offered, leaving both Peter and Oliver confused as they looked at her.

"What?"Both brothers said at the same time, Morgan's eyes shifted back and forth between the two of them.

"Guys, it's great here. Its been at least 20ish years since we've been back" Morgan had a point, the last time they'd been in America, it was before Oliver was turned. It was the country they had all grown up in. The country Morgan and Oliver met it. It was the time when life wasn't as difficult, when he could go in the sun, when he smiled often.

"We are absolutely not moving here" Oliver said, firmly as he closed the paper and placed it back on the kitchen Island.

"Olive-"

"You, out of everyone, should know why"He said, giving her one look before leaving the room, not missing the mumblings of Peter and Morgan as he walked out the stairs trying his hardest to find the room they'd given him for a place to keep his things.

"You okay?"The voice, which he now recognized belonged to Rosalie, made him turn to come face to face with the blonde again.

"I thought you went hunting?"He asked, his eyebrows scrunched as he looked at her.

"I came back early, I didn't want to miss Bella getting here" Oliver nodded to her words, showing he was listening as his eyes averted from hers.

"Are you two close?"

"God no, but today is a special day for Edward, so I'm putting it past me"

"How mature of you"Oliver praised, not missing the smile the spread across her lips.

"It doesn't happen often, take it in while you can"Rose joked, both of them standing still in the hall, a small gust of sunshine coming through the window which made her sparkle slightly.

"Beautiful" He said, his voice soft and mused as a very small, genuine smile placed over his lips.

Like,
Comment,
Follow me!
Edited/published: 04/21/2019