28.The another bastard (Part 2)

"What a cliche bastard you're Derek." I snapped, jerking off his arm from my waist and twirled around to face the asshole.

"I was genuinely astonished not you see you at the party."

"Just come to the point already."

"Why, are you in haste to go and bully some naive students?!" He barked and I flinched a little, but quickly cover it by rolling my eyes.

"You're still the same, aren't you? The same naive monstrous Diana Forbes. Acting all good outside and a cold hearted bitch in the inside. You fool everyone around you by your sweet innocent smile, and those idiots even trust you."

He let out a bitter laugh, shaking his head he added, "Who am I kidding? Even I was fooled by your so called innocent facade
I should've drowned you to the death! Fuck, I even apologized you for that."

I blankly stared as I revive the memory of  Derek Anderson sincerely apologized me.

It was the evening time and I was near the pond sipping my coffee, when heard his voice,
"Can I talk to you?"

I spit out all the contents held in my mouth as I was not expecting to see him so soon.

"It's been only a few days since I'm out of the hospital, I don't think my lungs can take the next blow from you Derek."

"Actually, I'm here to apologise."

In a thunderbolt speed I snapped my neck towards him, my eyes widened in shock when I saw the genuine remorseful look on his face.

"Strangling me to death would not count as an apology."

Frustrated, he let out a groan,"My intention was not to kill you Forbes."

"Yeah, you did save me by giving me a CPR and taking me to the hospital. Thanks."

"When I pushed you off the cliff I was not aware of the fact that you don't know swimming."

"Hmm, completely understandable."

"I'm not using that as an excuse so stop with your sarcasm."

Irritated, I shoot daggers at him through my eyes,"You got to push me down the river and I can't even be sarcastic about it?"

"Don't even bother to reply, I'll say and do whatever I want."

Now that I think about it, of Derek giving me CPR made me asked him the question. "While giving me a CPR was mouth to mouth involved?"

In reply he simply nodded.

"Unbelievable, I kinda kissed Derek Anderson when I was unconscious!"

With a smug on his face he asked, "Do you desire to get one right here  being in your conscious state?"

"As tempting as it sounds, I'll pass."

He let out a slow whistle, "Diana Forbes did you just flirt with me?"

I shrugged nonchalantly, "I did, weird right? I guess I must be high on those medicines which were showed down my throat."

The smug vanished from his face and guilt overtook his features,
"When I came back  from the practice to the parking lot I saw my bike in the dismantle state. The leather seat and tyres were slashed, the petrol tank was brutally damaged. I was fuming in rage when I saw the state of the precious gift that I got from my late grandfather. And then I saw your ring-"

"-which was stolen from my locker."

"- yes that one. At that time I was not aware of it that someone framed you. It was an impulsive decision of mine to push you off the cliff I'm really sorry for the trouble that I caused you Diana."

I felt sorry for him too. I can totally understand Derek's impulsive decision. Derek had a good bonding with his grandparents than his parents, his father never bothered to show up at any of his game and his mother only visits them twice in a year. Though his parents are not separated, they don't live together. When his grandfather passed away Derek was in a miserable state.

"It's okay, Derek. I can completely understand your situation. It's okay, you were not aware that I don't know to swim. It was a mistake. I forgive you."

Shaking his head, he dejectedly sighed. "No matter how much I try to be on the right path and do good things, somehow I end up being a bad person."

"Just because you've made a bad decision that doesn't make you a bad person."

I looked him in his eye and said it.

He took a deep breath and nodded. "Thank you for understanding."

I looked at him for one last time and started to leave, but his words stopped me.

"Do you trust me?"

"Do you want me to?", It was an instant reply because somewhere I knew this question was coming.

Then he started speaking and I was enchanted.

"I've seen your worst side, how bitchy you can be, how much rude you can be, and how much aggressive you can be, but"

He paused and a very little smile covered his face,
"I want to see the real you now."

When he said those things it was like he was looking at my soul.

"I know why you've this tough exterior and I respect it, but now I want to see the light in you that you've concealed in your facade darkness."

He stepped closer to me and continued with the words which I never knew he was even capable of saying it, I never imagined him to be this sentimental.

"You're no Devil,

You're that innocent girl who is trying to protect herself,

And that is what I admire about you,

You're strong,

You're tough,

You're beautiful,

But you've forgotten that not every time you've to be cautious,

Start to live,

And yes Diana I want you to trust me."

___________________

Ahem ahem, if you remember the prologue. 😉

All I can say is wait for the further chapters 😈

Please do hit that ⭐ button

Thank you ♥️