Chapter 1: The small pinkish lunch box

"is I myself wasn't prepared that his career is getting better and better, I myself became less and less confident so I needed him to constantly spend time with me and do all sorts of things to prove that he love me"

"no chae, he cheated on you..." Lisa say softly, trying her best not to hurt chaeyoung with her words.

"no Lisa, you dont understand him. He might seems close with other girl idols but that doesn't mean anything"

"I really dont want to hurt you but I also dont want to lie to you, watch out on him is all I can say to you" Lisa sigh and walk out of her room.

Chaeyoung know that jungkook and her have drifted apart a bit lately, she suspect a lot reasons behind the sudden coldness from him and she would be lying if she say cheating never cross her mind but she often push that idea off her and make up an excuse of his unusual behaviour.

It's not as if they haven't been getting along, more like he stopped sharing his work with her. He used to share his day at work with chaeyoung no matter how exhausted he was. Although he never asked her much about her day, more probably because nothing interesting ever happen to her, she is fine with it.

***

Nose in his phone, thumbs tapping away at the keyboard, probably texting her.

"that's early" chaeyoung look at the clock before approaching him.

"yeah" jungkook reply coldly with his eyes glued to his phone.

He suddenly let out a laugh.

"what's so funny?" chaeyoung lean closer to him, trying to get a view of what's on his phone.

"nothing, just the crew members sharing their lame jokes" as he talk, he tilt the screen of his mobile away from her slightly. He probably doesn't even realise he's doing it.

lie, another lie.

"by the way, I will be going to Jeju for a week" he look up from his phone to look at chaeyoung for a second before continuing his typing on his phone.

"oh"

chaeyoung wasn't surprise. It's so usual for him to go on random business trips that she dont even bother asking him much about the trip. Most probably because she know that if she ask, he will just make up random lies that he can think of on the spot.

Walking to the kitchen to get herself a cup of water, the luggage that are placed near the door catch her attention.

"why is there a luggage doing here?" chaeyoung shouted across the house.

"I will be leaving tomorrow morning" jungkook shouted back after a moment.

"oh" she mutter under her breath and walk back to her room, totally forgot the purpose of her going to the kitchen - to get a cup of water.

***

The pancake smell that filled her room, woke her up. She turn around and realise jungkook isn't beside her. She walked over to the kitchen where the smell are coming from.

She walk towards him and stood on her tippy toes and looked over his shoulder to see what he was cooking.

"are you cooking for me?" she tap his shoulder with her index finger.

he flinched by her touch.

"er I am actually cooking this for the staffs" he gave her a sideways glance and continue cooking.

"oh"

"I didnt know you will wake up that early and you know it's my first time going Jeju for work and-- and -- I got to make sure the staffs like me" he stop and turn around.

"safe flight" chaeyoung force a smile and force herself to look at his eyes.

"thank you" he quickly peck on her forehead and continue his cooking.

When she was about to head back to her room to continue her sleep, the small pinkish lunch box caught her attention.

lie, another lie.