Chapter 6

"Jason, I'm sick of games. Just tell me who you are taking to the fair please!"

"Vanessa I'm not telling you. You'll corner her and make her feel like a complete misfit, like she doesn't already with all the cute girls around, you not included."

"So she is from the other school!"

"I never said that. And if you ask me again, I'll get all my friends and tell them what a desperate no good brat you are. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a class to get to, and you might want to get some class yourself. I now a place if you want suggestions." She gawks at me as I walk away.

I meet Engela in math and she sits next to me with a smile. Venessa's best friend walks in, and when she sees me with my arm around Engela, she gasps. She pulls out her phone and sits down. I hear the click of the camara on her phone and know what she is doing. She's taking pictures of me and Engela to show Venessa. Shoot. I'll deal with her later. Right now,

"Engela." I whisper to her. "See the girl with the camera?"

"Yes. What is she doing?"

"Doesn't matter. I just want you to look at it, and make a strange face, alright?"

"Okay, but why?"

"She's taking photos of us to show to a girl I hate."

In sync we look at the camera and make strange faces, and the girl looks up and gets so mad it's funny. She puts her phone away and looks at the teacher, clearly frustrated that she wasn't as stealthy as she thought. I can tell Venessa is gonna be outraged. But its not my problem she isn't pretty as pretty as Engela.
I focus on the lesson at hand and ignore the repetitive click click click of the camera. After a few minutes, the camera stops and she behind to type. As soon as she clicks send, the teacher calls on her for an answer. But she is completely lost. She was to busy sending the photos to Venessa that she lost her place.