Chapter 12

At that timing, Elder Soobori appeared in front of them. "Thank you for bringing back Deity of the Sun." He turned to Son Oh Gong. "Well, Great Sage, it seems that your reward has come to you." He turned to Jin Seonmi, "And welcome back, Jin Seonmi-ssi."

The couple smiled and nodded.

"Mawang, the heavens has promoted you to the highest seat of the council as of now," he announced as Elder Soobori faced Mawang. "You are given two grants as the new head. Can you announce now what you want?"

"Firstly, I want Hong Hae Ah's life to be spared from any punishment given to him once he knows of his true identity. His mother has already paid the price of her crime with her life. And in all actuality, he had no part or say of the sin his mother has done," Mawang replied.

"Done," the elder said. "Secondly?"

"Tell me where Cha Eun is now."

The elder then called, "Chul Sun."

She stepped forward.

"Please take off the veil you have put on yourself,"

She did. And everyone saw Princess Iron Fan.

Everyone gasped except Jin Seonmi.

"You knew?" Son Oh Gong asked her.

Seonmi nodded. "Princess Iron Fan was also the one who actually put a veil on me. I just didn't know her relationship with Mawang-nim at that time because my memories hadn't come back yet."

"Why?" Mawang asked her, tearful. "Why did you hide from me?"

Cha Eun smiled. "I heard you were making your way up to make sure our son is safe. I didn't want to be a hindrance. That's why I endured up until this moment to tell you about me." A tear escaped from her eye. "Mawang," she said before running into Mawang's arms.

They embraced.

It was too personal that everyone turned away from their little moment.

"I believe Mawang can help subdue the Yellow Robe Demon and take back Princess Iron Fan's powers. Now that everything's settled, I hope you all behave as you continue to live and help humans every now and then," the elder said. "Congratulations once again, and thank you. I'll see you all soon." Then he disappeared the same way he appeared.

Son Oh Gong didn't even think of going home because his home is now by his side.
---------

"Mawang, what if she didn't come???" Son Oh Gong asked for the thousandth time.

"Hey, quit it already. What kind of person do you think Jin Seonmi-ssi is? A thug? Trust me, she won't leave you hanging. She'll be there. Just calm down, will ya?"

Son Oh Gong can't help but pace.

A knocked came on the door of the room they are in and Secretary Ma appeared, "Son Oh Gong-nim, we have to go."

It's been a month since the solar eclipse. Now, they are in Mawang's hotel, specifically, in one of the suites while Jin Seonmi is in the penthouse.

Today is the day Son Oh Gong has waited for almost a hundred years.

His wedding ceremony with Jin Seonmi.

The wedding will happen in the banquet hall on the third floor.

"Dog secretary, can't I just visit Jin Seonmi for one minute?" He begged the secretary. "Just to remind her that if she misses our wedding, I will erase all the tteokbokki, cotton candy, and color green in this world."

"No, you can't, Great Sage," Secretary Ma strongly disagreed. "Don't jinx your wedding by seeing your bride before the ceremony and no threats, please. Jin Seonmi will be there. You only have to wait for her in the hall. So please, behave."

After 5 minutes, Son Oh Gong found himself once again in front of the altar.

Compared to when he was at Pipa Cave, Son Oh Gong is far more nervous now. And he can't fully understand why. He knows-- and without a doubt-- Jin Seonmi loves him. She will surely appear.

But why is he so nervous to the point that he can almost feel his heart about to crawl out of his chest?

The answer came when the doors opened and he saw Jin Seonmi.

He's scared to lose Jin Seonmi again.

Jin Seonmi glanced at him and smiled. She started to walk towards him as piano music started to play. She walked so leisurely that he started complaining in his mind.

Hey, Jin Seonmi, can't you walk faster?

She was midway when Son Oh Gong grew impatient and met her halfway.

"Son Oh Gong! What are you doing!?" Jin Seonmi can't stop exclaiming, half whispering and half shouting.

"You're too slow! I want you to be my wife already!"

Son Oh Gong practically dragged Jin Seonmi for the rest of the way until they reached the minister of the ceremony.

This time, it's Elder Soobori.

The elder cleared his throat, "Today, we will witness---"

He was stopped by Son Oh Gong who faced the audience and announced very quickly, "You all will witness our marriage, alright? Jin Seonmi and I. We will be together forever. Marriage is sacred. It cannot be broken." He faced back to the elder. "Please, Teacher, proceed to the vows. I want this woman to be mine and for I to be hers."

The audience laughed.

Son Oh Gong even proceeded to make Jin Seonmi wear her wedding ring and then offered his left hand for his ring, which Jin Seonmi wore on him, chuckling.

Elder Soobori chuckled and shook his head. "Son Oh Gong and Jin Seonmi, please proceed to your vows."

"Me first!" Jin Seonmi said out of nowhere. "Son Oh Gong, you are such a pain." At that everyone laughed. "But you are the kind of pain I can't live without. I have seen your faithfulness and honesty. I know your good points and the bad. Well, mostly bad but you're fine." Once again, everyone laughed. "I'm so sorry it took so long for us to get married but here we are. It is my pleasure and honor to spend the rest of eternity with you. I love you, Son Oh Gong."

A tear escaped from Son Oh Gong's eyes. "Jin Seonmi, I love you." was all he could say and he hoped Jin Seonmi can feel the weight of those three words.

Jin Seonmi nodded, telling him that she understood what he really meant.

That he will be with her forever. It will have to take his life for anyone to attempt to take Jin Seonmi away from him agai . And that he will move heaven and hell just to be with her. Jin Seonmi is now his everything.

"Teacher!" Son Oh Gong called the elder. "The announcement! Faster!"

The elder hurriedly wiped his tears away at Son Oh Gong's reminder. "Son Oh Gong and Jin Seonmi, I now pronounce you, husband and wife."