Chapter 5

They have been hiking for three hours with breaks in between and there's no visible pathway to the Pipa Cave.

"It's getting dark. We have to settle for the night," Mawang spoke.

Everyone agreed and started to set up camp.

"I'll be back as soon as I can," Mijin said before fleeing away.

Son Oh Gong met the questioning stares of his companions and shrugged.

General Frost kept trying to make fire manually and obviously, it always died. Son Oh Gong noticed this and sighed. "General Frost, let Secretary Ma do it. I'm going to die of hunger if I wait for you to make fire."

At that, General Frost stepped back and let Secretary Ma form a bonfire.

They were eating the food they packed when Son Oh Gong noticed Seo Mijin still hasn't come back.

This is not looking good.

He kept looking around, hoping the woman would walk back into their camp.

"Hey," Mawang called him. "Go after her. This doesn't look good."

Son Oh Gong nodded. "I'll be back."

He doesn't know where to go, honestly. He's just blindly depending on his instincts. She went this way earlier.

He lost track of time until he heard two voices.

"You know me, Seo Mijin," a male voice said. "You know I won't lie about what I see."

Son Oh Gong felt the familiar charge in the air. Seo Mijin was getting angry.

The male voice chuckled. "Calm down, kitten. I'm just giving you an option."

Son Oh Gong very quietly approached the voice and found that Seo Mijin was talking with... the Thousand Eyes, Go Me. Go Je's twin brother.

"What?" Son Oh Gong heard Go Me ask Mijin. "You're willing to spend a few days looking for the path to Venom Mountain, in which, you have no luxury of? Or...," Go Me walked closer to Seo Mijin and caressed her hair. "You come with me and I'll tell you where it is." Son Oh Gong saw Mijin's hands turn into fists as Go Me countinued talking. "The solar eclipse is fast approaching. Wouldn't it be better if you spend a night with me and in exchange, by tomorrow, you're on your way to Venom Mountain."

Son Oh Gong didn't know why but his body was getting hotter and hotter with anger. This bastard is blackmailing Seo Mijin!?

The charge in the air suddenly dropped and Son Oh Gong saw surrender in Mijin's eyes and her hands were not in fists anymore.

No. Son Oh Gong thought. I won't let it happen.

Before Seo Mijin said yes, Son Oh Gong attacked Go Me with all he had. This watcher deity, Go Me, owed him big time in the past. He was imprisoned for countless millenia in Five Elements Mountain because of something Go Me didn't do: prove Son Oh Gong's innocence.

As the Thousand Eyes, Go Me can see almost everything that happens under the sun. But still, he didn't defend Son Oh Gong when he was accused of putting out the fire of heaven at the Pagoda, even when Son Oh Gong gave him his magic staff as payment.

Son Oh Gong was now blindly punching Go Me's face when he was thrown off few feet away from the watcher deity.

Son Oh Gong raised his head to Mijin. Only the woman can do this. His eyes are probably red because of being stopped at what his doing. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? I'M NOT FINISHED YET!"

"Look at him! He's knocked out!" Mijin pointed Go Me.

And indeed, Thousand Eyes was knocked out.