CHAPTER 12 - It is a miraculous day

Luna had almost recovered now, she was almost as good as she was prior illness and ready to go back to school, all of which was obviously at the mercy of some confused soul out there.
She couldn't wait to find out what troubled Viraaj up to an extent that it made him hopeless enough to be needing Luna's advice.
All of us would be very curious to find out what is troubling somebody who doesn't seem to have anything to complain about right?
Well, except Luna and something that Luna did or something that happened because of Luna, there was definitely nothing that Viraaj would complain about either anyway.
So what was it?
“What is it?” A very curious yet somehow excited Luna asked Viraaj the moment she caught a glimpse of him.
“Huh?"
“Really? You don't get what I'm asking about?”
“Oh, how are you feeling now? You do know normally people start a conversation with a hi how have you been? Not what is it right? Or did the fever get to your intelligence? By the way, you look as good as you have always been. Composed and confident.”
“Wha- No, that's not what I- WAIT. WAS THAT A COMPLIMENT?”
“I was just describing how you look.”
“I'm taking it as a compliment. Thanks.”
There was a faint smile on Luna's face.
“What are you so happy about? I don't think it has anything to do with me. ”
“It... it's nothing.” Oh, it sure was nothing, a whole lot of nothing, so much nothing that she wondered-"Why did this make me happy? Why am I smiling at something that wasn't even actually a compliment, none the less, it was Viraaj  whose words made me happy. Why?"- Luna was lost in a conversation with herself when a sudden jerk pulled her out of it.
She was engulfed in someone's arms. Somebody was hugging her. Viraaj ?
“You're finally back! Karan is very happy!”
Oh, it was just Karan. Why did she expect it to be Viraaj? Why was he even on her mind?
What was happening?
Well, I know exactly what was happening, and I have my reasons to believe that Karan knew it too.
“Viraaj, did you not give a welcome back hug to Luna? What is wrong with you? You need to give her a huge bear hug, what's the point of having such a buffy body if you don't hug your closest friends?”
That, my dear friends was the most awkward hug that Viraaj and Luna had ever experienced.
“If you're done with your honourifications, I have to get answers.”
“What answers?”
“Mr. always confused has to give me some answers. I'm loosing my patience trying to think about what advice he could need from me.” Luna said, gesturing towards Viraaj.
“Oh, so that's what the ‘what is it’ was about.”
“Oh score! You figured it out!”
“Well, I don't know how to put it exactly... It's... Uh... Oh Gods, I did not expect you to come back so soon. How do I explain this?"
“You weren't expecting me to come back so soon? So you just expected me to like die?”
“Tha- that's not what I meant. I am glad you're back early. It's good. It's just... I should have practiced how to phrase this. I'm just... I can't.”
“Oh man, why are your cheeks so flushed? Are you blushing? Do you have a fever? Karan is concerned.” Karan was already putting his palm across Viraaj's forehead to check his temperature.
“I'm fi-”
“Hush, wait, let Karan complete his diagnosis.” Karan placed is palm in his own forehead to compare the temperatures.
“You're fine.”
“That's exactly what I said!”
“Can't trust the things you say. It's always the opposite of what you want to say.”
“What?”
“Mr. Confusion, you should be able to figure out what Karan is saying.”
“How am I supposed to figure ou-”
“Hush Hush little puppies, we first hear what I want to hear. You both can squeal at each other after that.” Luna  interrupted their never ending argument.
Luna's curiosity had long been crossed the border of containment.
“Tell me, tell me, tell me.” she had grabbed Viraaj by his shoulder and was shaking him.
“Aa... Wait...S-stop. I'm getting dizzy.”
“Okay, sorry. Tell me now.”
“It... It is about a-” RRRIIIINNNNNGGGG
The school bell interrupted their conversation, the teacher had already entered the classroom.
“How about we talk on the way back home?”
“Okay... But no stammering and avoiding the conversation then.”
“Done." They shook hands on the deal to seal it.
“WAIT. Karan does not know what's happening. Why is Karan not a part of this?”
“Cause I need a girl's advice. But you can help too, I guess you'll have a better suggestion anyway. Let's talk after school."
“Gasp! Did you just speak 3 full sentences without stammering? Gods! It is a miraculous day!”
“Keep up the good work Viraaj. Speak exactly like this later. Okay?” Luna chided in with a little smirk on her face.
“ Sure, if I am even able to tell what I want to.” Viraaj wishpered under his breath.

Author's Note: Hey Guys!
I'm so so so sorry for this extremely late post.
I had exams going on, couldn't really work on this.
The next chapter will be out sooner.
Hope you guys like the story so far.
Don't forget to vote!

Thank you !💖