I'm fine

Meredith and Derek walked into the hospital together, for the first time since the incident months before. They were both definitely felt a little uncomfortable walking in, as they walked in the entrance all eyes were glued to them. Some were welcome back grins and some were glares that stared them down as they walked down the hallway.

"I will meet up with you in a bit." Derek told her. Before letting go of her hand he placed a small kiss on her forehead. She just nodded in agreement, giving him a small grin before they both parted.

"Hey!" Two voices caught her attention as she walked into the residence lounge.

"Hi." She muttered, placing her purse in a cubby. She started to grab stuff from the cubby and place it on the small bench in front of her.

"Don't be nervous, there's a reason why Derek had to put you on his service for the rest of the month." Cristina told her, twisting the cap of her water bottle. She and Alex had already put on their scrubs and were ready for rounds. Meredith on the other hand was late, and rushing to get ready.

"Wait, what. The whole month?" She asked, pausing for a moment as she pulled her scrub top over her tank. Then continued to get ready, putting her street clothes into the cubby, then pulling her stethoscope over her white coat

"Yes, he didn't tell you?" Cristina asked, chuckling to herself.

"Now he's in trouble." Alex laughed, messing with his stethoscope

"It doesn't really matter," Meredith sighed, as she quickly fixed the watch on her wrist. "Lexie came in right, I need to talk to her." She told the two as she started to head out for rounds. They followed closely behind.

"Hey. Are you okay, you know there is nothing to worry about right?" Alex told her sweetly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you sure?" She asked, turning around, stopping him in his tracks.

"There is nothing to worry about, you are okay." Cristina told her. Tears began forming in Meredith's eyes, but before they fell she wiped them vigorously before anyone could see. She took a deep breath and nodded towards the two in front of her.

"Okay," She told herself, begging to start to walk again. Alex and Cristina continued to follow her again, closer behind. "You guys never answered me. Did you find Lexie?" She asked, curiosity written on her face.

"No, we didn't. Do you want someone to talk to, is that it?" Alex asked as the three of them fell close to the O.R board. "You can talk to us, we're here for you, you know." He said

"I just want to make sure she's alright." She told them "Are you guys going to follow me all day?" She asked, as she observed the O.R board.

"As long as we think you need it." Alex told her, patting her shoulder and giving her a cheeky grin.

"No one wants to see Meredith Grey have a psychotic break down." Cristina cut in, folding her arms across her chest.

"Get to work," Meredith mumbled, throwing Alex's hand of her shoulder. "I'm fine. Go save lives, don't worry about me." She told them. Walking away to find Derek.

"Fine, but we better not hear about you having a breakdown in the middle of surgery." Cristina called down the hallway, as Meredith disappeared around the corner.

As she walked down the hallway all eyes were glued to her. She felt so small, so meek. She was hoping that Derek would just pop out of nowhere and embrace her, taking her hand and leading her down the hallway. But she couldn't find him and sadly it was Lexie that popped out of nowhere. She had a smile stretched across her features, her hair was up in a ponytail and her hands were in her pockets.

"Hi, Cristina said you were looking for me?" She asked, walking next to her sister. Meredith frowned and glanced toward the wall as they walked. "Don't look too excited to see me." She said, holding her hands up in defense.

"I'm glad to see you lex. It's just I was hoping you were Derek," she sighed, shoving her hands in her pockets, nervously.

"Ohh, I get it." She chuckled, taking what she had said differently. Thinking they were shaking up in a on call room or something.

"It's-it's not that," Meredith exhaled, running a hand through her hair "I'm kinda scared to be here." She whispered, hoping no one would here her.

"There's no reason to be scared. The guys who hurt us are locked away now, they can hurt us anymore." She told her, placing a hand gently on her shoulder. Trying to comfort her sister the best she possibly could. But a few seconds later her pager went off and she soon had to depart from their sisterly moment.

"Go ahead, I'll be okay. I should go find Derek anyways," Meredith told her, giving her a toothless smile. Lexie just nodded in return, giving her a small smile and walking back down the hallway. To whoever had paged her.

Meredith took A deep breath in and out, starting to walk down the hallway opposite to where Lexie was going. Her stomach started to twist and turn, she was feeling so scared. She had no clue why, she loved the hospital. Why was she scared of it now?

"Hey! There you are," A beaming voice coed from behind her, placing a hand on the lower part of her back. She tensed up as he touched her, not realizing it was Derek at first. "You're okay." He sighed, embracing her in his arms.

"I know," She muttered into his chest, wrapping her arms around him. "I'm just-I'm kinda scared," She stuttered. She hated saying that, especially a second time. As she said it, she winced inside her head.

"I get it, but there's nothing to be worried about," he told her, running his hand up and down her back soothingly.

They both stood there for a few minutes, taking in the moment. But they soon hand to depart from the hug to go meet their patients for the day. Since Meredith was on his service she felt some sense of safety, but something deep inside her was still terrified.

"I have a feeling you'll like one of our patients for today." Derek told her as they both walked to the patient's room.

"Oh really?" Meredith chuckled, looking over at him.

"Yes, her name is Mrs. Kerry. But she likes to be called Shannanay. Well, she wants me to call her that. But anyways, I think she has a crush on me."

"And you think I'll like her because?" She asked, frowning, her eyebrows mushed together in confusion.

"You'll see," He laughed as they both walked into the room. He took Shannanays chart and handed it to Meredith. He glance over at her, giving her a sweet smile. "Shannanay, this is Doctor Grey. She's going to be helping me with your craniotomy today. Go ahead and the chart for us Dr. Grey."

"Uh, Lynn Kerry age 60. Presenting with headaches and blurred vision with in the past few weeks. She was admitted a few days ago and has been stable since. Um, you seem healthy. Other than the-."

"That's all we need to know Dr. Grey." Shanaynay blurted "This is your help?" She asked Derek, with a slight chuckle. She then looked over at Meredith and began stare at her.

"She's actually very good at her job, she's as good as me." He responded, glancing up over at Meredith. Giving her an assuring smile.

"Well," She chuckled "She doesn't seem like it. She just seems like all she knows is to ramble. And very incompetent."

"I can assure you Mrs Kerry that I am very good at my job. I won't be the one operating, but I am just as good of a surgeon as-"

"I bet you are dear," she cut in "But I don't see it. I don't want her in my surgery, Shep."She sighed, crossing her hands across her chest. She looked Meredith up and down. She began to make a face of discussed, toward her. Making it even harder for Meredith to stay in the room.

"Okay, then," Meredith sighed she gave Shannannay a quick smile and walked out the door.

Yay, I'm back! I hope you guys liked this chapter because I've been actually working on it for almost a week now. I've been taking things out and changing stuff around. But anyways, have a nice day and stay awesome.
Make sure to tell me what you think, please! :)