Chapter 24| Wings

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Tch, Discount Pikachu." I heard Katsu grumbled. Guess he got Kaminari a nickname too.

"Tch, Stupid Hedgehog." I mocked and snickered. And that's how we went at it...again.

"It's a Rescue Training Race!" Toshinori announced to our class.

Oh fuck. Anything with the word 'rescue' I fucking suck at, especially without having the ability to be airborne. But...during the three days in the hospital, I learned a few damn things from jumping out of my room window.

"This is Playing Ground Y (Gamma)! The tightly packed construction site actually seems more like a complex labyrinth. Anyways! Get in groups of of five, which should be three groups of five and one group of six.

This competition is to see who comes first to my aid! I will release a distress signal and you'll will need to find your way to me! Starting outside of the limits, of course!" Toshinori continued explaining the rules and process. I think some of our quirks give us a slight advantage, but I'm ready to kick Katsu's ass.

"And keep the distraction at a minimum!" He pointed to Katsu. I laughed.

"Shut up." He said, I could tell his face was red. It was either blushing or embarrassment, but back then, I didn't think much of it.

The first group to go against each other was Sero, Mina, Iida, Ojiro and Izu. In this situation, Sero has quite a fucking advantage with his tape dispenser. Oh hey, that should be his nickname! Tape dispenser!

"Go Mina! Go Izu!" I cheered before it started.

"Are you dating Midoriya-Kun?" I snapped my head back, I couldn't see anybody except a pair of floating hands. Which only meant one thing, it was Hagakure.

"Oh, Hagakure. Nah, he's too good for me, plus...Ochaco likes him." I shook my head with a smile. Yup, a smile.

"AKARI-CHAN!!" I looked over and Ochaco was red as a damn tomato.

"Hehe..I'm rooting for you then, Urakaka-Chan!" Hagakure shouted.

"Wha?! Thanks...but Akari-Chan! Get back here you!" Ochaco started chasing me, but I luckily hid behind Katsu. Man, he's already taller than me, it was like it was just yesterday that I was fucking taller.

"The hell do you want?" Katsu asked with a raised brow.

"Food." I grinned. Weird enough, I felt like I laughed or smiled more around him. It's probably cause I knew him since I was a child. After all, he's one of my best friends.

"GO!!!" And the race started.

Everybody talked a bit about how Izu might be in a slight disadvantage, but I only smiled when he activated his quirk. Emerald, green electricity surrounded him as he jumped from building to building with a familiar pose.

I grinned. Looks like he finally understood what I said to him back at the hospital.

Flashback

"Hey, Ri-Chan?"

I hummed in response as I turned around to look at him.

"Um...Where did you learn your moves?" Izu asked me shyly.

"Pretty much all of it is self-taught. Why?"

"I-It's because...I...want to be strong. And I thought you were the perfect person to ask because y-you have a lot of experience in combat. B-but I'm not saying that-" He started to panic and stutter all over the place when he took out his notebook.

"Pfft...it's fine. Like I said, I may be physically stronger, but mentally...let's just say that mentally I'm not that strong." I laughed before continued.